Skye Edge Development Opinions

Hi all,

I’m moving back to Sheffield after a long time away. Short story is this needs to be at quite short notice and the rental market seems bananas, calling places on the same morning they’ve gone up and being told they’re already full for viewings and applications!

One option would be to move here:

https://placefirst.co.uk/neighbourhood/skye-edge/

Having not lived in Sheffield for quite a few years, from memory this area is pretty much super rough? Does anyone have any experience of this place? Would it be safe or are we daft considering it??

Many thanks.

I believe it is a bit on the rough side up there, being in the vicinity of the Manor, but don't take my word for that, the Council would have to pay me a LOT of loot to live anywhere near it! :D 

its a hard one as i live in lowedges and find it okay,theres the odd bit of drugs,but theres been that all over sheffield in recent years inc dore/totley ect,heeley nice in places,meadowhead is nice as well

I have lived on Skye Edge for eight years, apart from the odd idiot (a few teenagers on motorbikes) I haven't experienced any issues, I find it quiet (although it depends which end you are looking at as the playing field end and Wybourn directly behind Skye Edge Ave does see a lot of fireworks!).  The building site has caused quite a bit of disruption and can be very noisy but there will hopefully be an end to that reasonably soon.   It is very convenient for buses (10, 56 and only a few mins down to City Road for the other buses and shops) and there is a doctors surgery, chemist, small food shop and a takeaway fairly close.  Not sure about parking but from the plans I recall some provision was made.

The properties seem nice inside from the details published on the internet but I would go and see one in person to see if they are full sized or just cleverly dressed with smaller furniture.  On the downside they are very ugly looking externally and seem ridiculously expensive but then I am not familiar with the rental market in Yorkshire and perhaps almost £1K per month is the norm these days??  🙂

Edited by SkyeEdge

On 01/06/2021 at 10:40, SkyeEdge said:

I have lived on Skye Edge for eight years, apart from the odd idiot (a few teenagers on motorbikes) I haven't experienced any issues, I find it quiet (although it depends which end you are looking at as the playing field end and Wybourn directly behind Skye Edge Ave does see a lot of fireworks!).  The building site has caused quite a bit of disruption and can be very noisy but there will hopefully be an end to that reasonably soon.   It is very convenient for buses (10, 56 and only a few mins down to City Road for the other buses and shops) and there is a doctors surgery, chemist, small food shop and a takeaway fairly close.  Not sure about parking but from the plans I recall some provision was made.

The properties seem nice inside from the details published on the internet but I would go and see one in person to see if they are full sized or just cleverly dressed with smaller furniture.  On the downside they are very ugly looking externally and seem ridiculously expensive but then I am not familiar with the rental market in Yorkshire and perhaps almost £1K per month is the norm these days??  🙂

Wow, I would be looking for better than Skye Edge for these prices.

Skye Edge rental prices

3 Bedrooms    from £929pcm
4 Bedrooms    from £1030pcm

Edited by blackydog