Congrats To Radio Sheffieldd

Picking up the Gold award for best local radio station of the year at the Radio Academy awards

This forum loves BBC Radio Sheffield so I am sure there will be a long queue of people offering their congrats.

Yup, sounds about right.

Wasn't brave enough to post in the Sheff thread.

A few BBC stations have closed in the last few years glad ours is in good health

It's good but we listen to Radio 2, Ken Bruce, Jeremy Vine, Steve Wright...

I'd love to work for them though, maybe doing a show on video games or an 80s themed music show, I do have Radio experience having done 3 and half years up at HBS Radio at the Royal Hallamshire, and 6 months at Chrystal Radio at the Children's.

8 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

This forum loves BBC Radio Sheffield so I am sure there will be a long queue of people offering their congrats.

My sarcasm meter just triggered

On 26/05/2021 at 21:34, butlers said:

Picking up the Gold award for best local radio station of the year at the Radio Academy awards

Toby Foster & his sidekick minions? Becky Measures?

I'd better not continue.  

good programes for a certain age group ,and very mixed and varied shows

I rarely put Radio Sheffield on at the moment as I have been out in the lovely sunshine in my garden

Do listen to the football when in season

On 28/05/2021 at 23:48, Baron99 said:

Toby Foster & his sidekick minions? Becky Measures?

I'd better not continue.  

I only listen to Radio Sheffield in the morning , mostly for the travel news.

Most of Tobys sidekicks i can cope with but listening to Xanthe Palmers forced laughter at his jokes

is cringe worthy..

I too better stop there before another one blocks me on twitter 😄

Radio will become more old fashioned out of time and will be overtaken by podcasts and then by something new again when invented later. Its mostly elderly people that keep radio going at the moment.

On 06/06/2021 at 10:21, dutch said:

Radio will become more old fashioned out of time and will be overtaken by podcasts and then by something new again when invented later. Its mostly elderly people that keep radio going at the moment.

Congratulations to Radio Sheffield on winning the award and keeping your mostly elderly audience entertained...😁

I'd love to work for them though, maybe doing a show on video games or an 80s themed music show, I do have Radio experience having done 3 and half years up at HBS Radio at the Royal Hallamshire, and 6 months at Chrystal Radio at the Children's.