'Out Of The Blue' - Tv Series Filmed In Sheffield

Does anyone remember this BBC Cop show, Out Of The Blue , filmed and set in Sheffield in the mid 1990's?  My brother and I were reminiscing about it recently. It was a really gutsy show,  well written, with hard-hitting storylines and the occasional bit of humour. It was brilliantly acted too.  It only lasted for a couple of series, then was decommissioned due to poor  audience viewing figures. I never understood this, because it was brilliant. The main characters were played by David Morrissey & John Hannah. It also starred Neil Dudgeon, Lenny James & Orla Brady - all very good actors who seem to have had good careers since then. 

There's been so few TV series filmed or set in Sheffield down the years , so I think it's a real shame that Out Of The Blue didn't get bigger viewing numbers and more respect.

I used to watch that.

It was kind of like The Bill but set up here in Sheffield as I recall.. I think it only lasted 2 series' though.

Yep, used to see it being filmed on Carlisle Street when I was on nights at the steel works.

The  exterior and internal sets were filmed at Bessemer House on Carlisle Street in 1995 where I worked for BTCV. It was the  headquarters of the organisation at that time.

An episode of it was filmed at Edward St. flats when I lived there. I remember it going on for a quite a while, partly because one of the hydraulic lifts spilled its hydraulic fluid onto the street. The fire brigade had to come and clean it up.

A lot of the pub scenes were filmed in the Old Blue Ball on Broad Street.

Guest makapaka

I remember it - was a good series from memory.

i remember it being filmed near us at Norfolk park one day.

think there are some good stills of the locations etc on the Sheffield history website.