Hillsborough Trial Collapses

2 hours ago, alchemist said:

You DO of course have proof of this accusation??

And if I did, I would be highly unlikely to discuss it with you or anyone !

Having been involved in a high profile Crown Court case I came across aspects that blew my mind !!

Thats still a no then.

2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Thats still a no then.

You are persistent dear fellow and I only answer when I think it's worthwhile.

Now put the kettle on and have a fag or may be you don't smoke.

It was a simple question you are still refusing to answer btw. 

16 hours ago, Runningman said:

And if I did, I would be highly unlikely to discuss it with you or anyone !

Ahh, nothing like unsubstantiated comments to help improve the discussions :) 

4 hours ago, Runningman said:

You are persistent dear fellow and I only answer when I think it's worthwhile.

Now put the kettle on and have a fag or may be you don't smoke.

Aha, a poor attempt at patronisation makes up for the previous rubbish, thanks :)

Hopefully this whole saga can finally be put to bed now all prosecutions have come to an end.

It should have been obvious from the start that the ground was no where near big enough and therefore should never have been held there.

How on earth do you come to that solution.

You do realize it was under the capacity when the diaster happened?

i think you will find,the end where it happened was way over the limit,but why did it go ahead with no stadium safety certificate.?

I post with some misgivings. My wife is from Liverpool, amongst her wider family this is still a very sore topic. 

Firstly, the collapse of the trial was not a surprise, relying on 25 year old statements and with very elderly defendants it was fraught with problems. As was the recent action in Northern Ireland concerning military personnel from even further back. Quite why these prosecutions take so long is a mystery - and I am not a legal person. If they were more timely then it would all be fresh in the mind, etc. Moreover, the families of the victims would have more faith in the 'system', and perhaps some satisfaction. As it is the feeling of injustice will linger for many years to come. 

I was not in Hillsborough on the day, I was watching a rugby match at Abbeydale yet the unfolding events felt very close to home. I know that any large sporting event will have a plan or plans, and indeed contingencies for when things do not go to plan. A 'playbook' perhaps, and persons familiar with the regular problems. But it seemed as though everything that could go wrong, went wrong plus some fresh ones. The happenings overwhelmed everything and everyone, and turned into tragedy. Let's pray that it is never repeated. 

Ending on a minor note, a friend from Chesterfield is a Forest supporter, and was in the Kop on that day. When he eventually got home in the early evening, his mother burst into tears. He had gone on his red Forest shirt and she had watched scenes on the TV of red-shirted supporters being carried away on stretchers. A cruel day.