Should We Replace The First Past The Post Election System ?

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

UKIP may not ever get in but to call all its supporters racist is plain ignorant..

Would you prefer English only call centres?

Im glad you dont have a quarrel with Immigrants (apart from the ones you cant understand of course) because this nation was built on immigration.

I would indeed, but I know it'll never happen, because companies can pay the Indian call centres the equivalent of 2 quid an hour to work all the hours under the Sun.

2 hours ago, Mr Allen said:

1) UKIP will never get in, even the racists who vote for them aren't that stupid

2) One of the Chief reasons I voted remain for Brexit 5 years ago was because apart from the fact I can't talk to Foreign call centres because they don't understand me, I have no quarrel with immigrants.

2 , You have never mentioned that on this forum before .

1 hour ago, Mr Allen said:

I would indeed, but I know it'll never happen, because companies can pay the Indian call centres the equivalent of 2 quid an hour to work all the hours under the Sun.

If "Indian call centres" bother you why not use businesses who only use UK ones? 

Just now, The_DADDY said:

If "Indian call centres" bother you why not use businesses who only use UK ones? 

I do, that was why I binned Talk Talk for Fibre and Landline 6 months ago in favour of Plusnet, and 5 years ago I binned Virgin Media in favour of Three for mobile.

24 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Yep all UKIP voters are racist but English only Call Centres for English people. 🤣

5 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Yep all UKIP voters are racist but English only Call Centres for English people. 🤣

Actually, I don't mind Sky or Virgin Money's Scottish call centres, I can more or less translate a strong Scottish accent.

Edited by Mr Allen
Typos

On 03/06/2021 at 18:32, apelike said:

It's not a matter of whether they get in but a matter of how many seats they get as even getting a handful can mean deals may have to be made with them.

Any party that does a deal with extremists will have to consider the effect it will have on whether people will choose to vote for them in subsequent elections.

FPTP allows the major parties to completely ignore the concerns significant proportions of the population have about some issues. El Cid's example of immigration is a classic one - if the Con and Lab parties had dealt with the issue rather than ignoring it, UKIP wouldn't have got further than arguing taxi drivers should wear uniforms.

33 minutes ago, Delayed said:

😂

Yeah that gave me a giggle 🤣

4 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

UKIP may not ever get in but to call all its supporters racist is plain ignorant..

Would you prefer English only call centres?

Im glad you dont have a quarrel with Immigrants (apart from the ones you cant understand of course) because this nation was built on immigration.

Those Scots and Welsh accents are terrible  :)

13 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

but what if they employ indian's who live and work in the uk?

13 hours ago, hackey lad said:

2 , You have never mentioned that on this forum before .

given most of these call centres are not based in eu countries and there was nothing about leaving the EU which would have affected using non-uk based call centres then it's hard to understand the logic, but i guess like many things the reality has proved to be rather worse than the fantasy