Your Nhs Records To Be Collected And Passed On-- Unless You Opt Out Now!

20 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

Why is John Cleese any authority on whether Fawlty Towers is racist, or whatever the issue was supposed to be? Does he have some special insight, having spoken the lines 30 plus years ago?

Because he his wife created it and wrote all the scripts in the first place? :D

20 hours ago, Mr Allen said:

Because he his wife created it and wrote all the scripts in the first place? :D

So by your logic, any racist propaganda written by a racist, isn't racist because the racist person writing says it isn't, and they should know? Disagree, it's for others to judge.

Anyway, all wildly off topic....

On 25/05/2021 at 14:55, apelike said:

Cheers for that. Just opted out:

https://your-data-matters.service.nhs.uk/landingpage

not sure if it will make a difference but heyho...

Thanks for the link apelike. Just opted out myself.

Ironically, if they'd asked my permission before doing this I'd have probably said yes but I don't like the way this has been done, under the radar so to speak.

If you want to opt out by telling you GP practice instead of/as well as  NHS online, you can fill in this form and send it to your Practice. 

https://medconfidential.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Type_1_opt-out_letter.pdf

This is for Type 1 opt-out.  I can't find a form for Type 2 opt-out, as every link leads to opting out online.  I've no idea how people who are not online can opt out of Type 2 consent - perhaps the idea is that they can't!  Perhaps someone on this thread can find a .pdf for it and post it on here?

1 hour ago, Thirsty Relic said:

If you want to opt out by telling you GP practice instead of/as well as  NHS online, you can fill in this form and send it to your Practice. 

https://medconfidential.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Type_1_opt-out_letter.pdf

This is for Type 1 opt-out.  I can't find a form for Type 2 opt-out, as every link leads to opting out online.  I've no idea how people who are not online can opt out of Type 2 consent - perhaps the idea is that they can't!  Perhaps someone on this thread can find a .pdf for it and post it on here?

Just a reminder that 'medConfidential' can access your your information in the same way as any other website.

How will they use your email address? Who will they share the information you give them? What will they do with your e-mail address?

By downloading files from you are running a higher risk of hacking etc. 

It is a political organization with a single agenda.

It is has nothing to do with the NHS or medical institution.

3 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Just a reminder that 'medConfidential' can access your your information in the same way as any other website.

How will they use your email address? Who will they share the information you give them? What will they do with your e-mail address?

By downloading files from you are running a higher risk of hacking etc. 

They won't use my email address as I didnt give it to them. They won't share my information as I didnt give them any. Downloading a PDF in a browser is about as risky as viewing SF especially as people have anti virus and anti malware software installed.

11 minutes ago, apelike said:

They won't use my email address as I didnt give it to them. They won't share my information as I didnt give them any. Downloading a PDF in a browser is about as risky as viewing SF especially as people have anti virus and anti malware software installed.

I am no expert but we have had instructions not to download  PDF and other files at home on our work laptops as they may contain viruses and or malware.

I have had to destroy my 2013 iMac as it cannot download and automatically update the approved and required anti virus/malware. 

So it's all about risk. 

Real or imagined. 

On 27/05/2021 at 18:59, Annie Bynnol said:

I am no expert but we have had instructions not to download  PDF and other files at home on our work laptops as they may contain viruses and or malware.

I have had to destroy my 2013 iMac as it cannot download and automatically update the approved and required anti virus/malware. 

So it's all about risk. 

Real or imagined. 

Anyone worried about a pdf being 'infected' can scan it with their anti-virus software.

1 hour ago, onewheeldave said:

Anyone worried about a pdf being 'infected' can scan it with their anti-virus software.

I would refer you to  the second sentence in the post you are replying to:

I have had to destroy my 2013 iMac as it cannot download and automatically update the approved and required anti virus/malware

The point being  our use of computers and software can lead to risk of our information being leaked.

The OP is highlighting that sharing information with your doctors practices computer database etc. can be leaked.

My difference on the assessment of risk.

This story has now been reported in The Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/may/30/gps-warn-plans-share-patient-data-third-parties-england

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/may/30/the-guardian-view-on-medical-records-nhs-data-grab-needs-explaining

With only 3 weeks before the deadline for telling your GP practice that you want to "opt out", and no notification to the public that I can find, it seems very late in the day, but at least it may inject some urgency into proceedings!

I am  indebted to swarfendor437 for reporting this, under the thread "NHS App".

I couldn't care less that my health care record is anonymised and uploaded to a central database that has third party access.

So there will be a line in the DB that says record 1d2209f1-27e4-4b4f-b06c-3453b1608cdb had an eye operation in 1978. A later line says the same number had the Covid vaccine in 2021.

Woop.

7 minutes ago, the_bloke said:

I couldn't care less that my health care record is anonymised and uploaded to a central database that has third party access.

So there will be a line in the DB that says record 1d2209f1-27e4-4b4f-b06c-3453b1608cdb had an eye operation in 1978. A later line says the same number had the Covid vaccine in 2021.

Woop.

They are anonymised with a key so that the NHS can de-anonymise them if it needs to.  Are you naive enough to think that, when companies buying the information have decided that there are a certain number they are very interested in, that they won't get them de-anonymised for an additional fee? 

Also, consider the use to which they are to be used.  If a company wants to check certain complaints by area, they'd buy "anonymised" records with region in there.  So now, you are looking at someone in Sheffield 2 (or maybe they get more of the postcode?) who had an eye operation in 1978 and the Covid vaccine in 2021, and any other info from the data they collect.  Linking that to records of Sheffield Eye hospitals they buy separately flags you up, and you can expect to be contacted by private eye clinics trying to see their products, and other companies related to other medical interventions you may have had in the past as the details are out of the box and for sale.

Talking of eyes, The Royal Free NHS Foundation Trust  copped for flack from the Information Commissioners Office a few years ago when someone leaked the fact that they had given Google their patient data without even asking for consent from them:

https://www.theregister.com/2017/07/03/google_deepmind_trial_failed_to_comply_with_data_protection_law/

Not everybody plays by the rules.  Famous eye hospital Moorfields and others were similarly linked to this scandal at the time.  Perhaps your eye operation details have already been sold?