Norwich Council Commemorates George Floyed.

I think everyone generally agrees he was a bit of a scumbag  although it doesnt excuse kneeling on his head for nearly ten minutes

3 hours ago, sibon said:

The decision to start this thread is even odder that Norwich Council’s decision.

I find it strange that someone in Sheffield is so interested in a minor decision by a council in a city 150 miles away.

Have Norwich council made any other decisions lately? I look forward to debating them.

Interesting thing about Norwich is that its population is roughly the same size as the number of people killed by Covid in the UK.

When people start talking down Covid effects by saying it only affects a tiny percentage and the deaths are even smaller - whilst technically they are correct, it's good to remind them that it's had the same effect as wiping out Norwich.

35 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I think everyone generally agrees he was a bit of a scumbag  although it doesnt excuse kneeling on his head for nearly ten minutes

i agree totally with that but why does our media and some councils decide to promote the blm constantly?? the BBc this morning on radio sheffield , radio 2  etc was overwhelmingly bleating about george lloyd and racism between every song!! had to swith to smooth radio was so sick of it. 

Guest makapaka
51 minutes ago, whiteowl said:

Interesting thing about Norwich is that its population is roughly the same size as the number of people killed by Covid in the UK.

When people start talking down Covid effects by saying it only affects a tiny percentage and the deaths are even smaller - whilst technically they are correct, it's good to remind them that it's had the same effect as wiping out Norwich.

What an amazing way to link the murder of George floyd, Norwich and the number of uk Covid deaths!!!!

ha ha - brilliant.

43 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

i agree totally with that but why does our media and some councils decide to promote the blm constantly?? the BBc this morning on radio sheffield , radio 2  etc was overwhelmingly bleating about george lloyd and racism between every song!! had to swith to smooth radio was so sick of it. 

Yeah - maybe if everyone just ignores it racism will go away....

Edited by makapaka

4 hours ago, andyofborg said:

Anyway, this thread is about Norwich City Councils decision to light up their city hall for one evening  to commemorate the first anniversary of the death of George Floyd, and in remembrance of all black lives lost in the aftermath.

My bold. 

Well at least it might help the local council taxpayers negotiate any potholes in the surrounding roads. 

17 minutes ago, makapaka said:

So what is it then when a BLM activist is shot in the head by 4 black men?

4 minutes ago, sheffbag said:

an accident? weren't the shooters aiming at someone else?

4 minutes ago, sheffbag said:

A crime.  

There are several different types of crime.

"So what is it then when a BLM activist is shot in the head by 4 black men? "

what a weird question !

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, sheffbag said:

I don’t know what is it then when?

1 hour ago, sheffbag said:

it shows the type of company she keeps????

2 hours ago, makapaka said:

What an amazing way to link the murder of George floyd, Norwich and the number of uk Covid deaths!!!!

ha ha - brilliant.

yes actually it might just !!! the ones in football etc just want the attention ignore them and they will go away, this george lloyd thing wasnt racist it just happend to be a black man breaking the law and trying to evade the law otherwise he would have surrendered peacefully?

I would imagine being handcuffed ,flat out on the ground with two police restraining you one cutting off your airways would make it tricky to resist .Not that the two sets of video show that.

Edited by butlers