Norwich Council Commemorates George Floyed.

34 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

it shows the type of company she keeps????

yes actually it might just !!! the ones in football etc just want the attention ignore them and they will go away, this george lloyd thing wasnt racist it just happend to be a black man breaking the law and trying to evade the law otherwise he would have surrendered peacefully?

JFC.

3 hours ago, whiteowl said:

Interesting thing about Norwich is that its population is roughly the same size as the number of people killed by Covid in the UK.

When people start talking down Covid effects by saying it only affects a tiny percentage and the deaths are even smaller - whilst technically they are correct, it's good to remind them that it's had the same effect as wiping out Norwich.

If you compare Covid with the Black Plague, estimated to have killed between 30% and 60% of the European population, it doesn't seem too bad. I think Covid is something like 0.2%.

18 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

What are your thoughts? 

I think people tend to view the issue though the lens of their own experience, based on whatever race they happen to be; and it's not so easy to have a clear unbiased view on the matter. I don't think I have, as I don't know what it's like to a black person living in America right now.

There's also a question of how do you go about quantifying how bad racism is? You could compare statistics I guess, but then you also need to control for every possible contributing factor which may explain those statistics. Unless you don't want to do that of course, and you just want to get everyone excited, indignant and fired up.

Guest makapaka
3 hours ago, ab6262 said:

this george lloyd thing wasnt racist it just happend to be a black man breaking the law and trying to evade the law otherwise he would have surrendered peacefully?

Oh I see it was the black mans fault that a policeman murdered him?

when you next see the BLM protests - and wonder why they’re on the news - the answer is so people  don’t blame black people for getting murdered.

that clear it up?

Edited by makapaka

19 hours ago, andyofborg said:

an accident? weren't the shooters aiming at someone else?

It was an accident that 4 men entered a building with guns and discharged them hitting her in the process? bullets dont divert and regardless of who got shot it was a deliberate act.  So what if it had been 4 white people who went in and fired the guns? would that be an accident too? 

19 hours ago, Arnold_Lane said:

A crime.  

There are several different types of crime.

Correct,

19 hours ago, butlers said:

"So what is it then when a BLM activist is shot in the head by 4 black men? "

what a weird question !

Not really, its a comment about the difference in media coverage and the perception. If it had a white person shooting then it would be classed as a racist attack and all over the news and BLM would be taking to the streets again. Because its 4 black men who shot her then no news and only coverage giving a positive image of the "vigil" in the bandstand

18 hours ago, makapaka said:

I don’t know what is it then when?

Its a crime and hopefully the people will be caught in order to get them off the streets 

14 hours ago, makapaka said:

when you next see the BLM protests - and wonder why they’re on the news - the answer is so people  don’t blame black people for getting murdered.

that clear it up?

No its was the person who was convicted through the US justice system's fault. 

Homicide convictions in the UK 2018-2020 (total 124)

White killing black - 18 (15% of total murders of black ethnic appearance)

Black killing black - 99 (80% of total murders of black ethnic appearance)

Source - https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/crimeandjustice/datasets/appendixtableshomicideinenglandandwales

(table 28)

Homicide convictions in the US  2019 (total 2906)

White killing black - 246 (8.5%)

Black killing black - 2547 (88.5%)

Source - https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2019/crime-in-the-u.s.-2019/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-6.xls

Where do you think the bigger problem is and where BLM should be focusing its efforts? 

Where to even start.

Can you give the white on white murder rate too ?

8 minutes ago, sheffbag said:

Not really, its a comment about the difference in media coverage and the perception. If it had a white person shooting then it would be classed as a racist attack and all over the news and BLM would be taking to the streets again. Because its 4 black men who shot her then no news and only coverage giving a positive image of the "vigil" in the bandstand

Its a crime and hopefully the people will be caught in order to get them off the streets 

No its was the person who was convicted through the US justice system's fault. 

Homicide convictions in the UK 2018-2020 (total 124)

White killing black - 18 (15% of total murders of black ethnic appearance)

Black killing black - 99 (80% of total murders of black ethnic appearance)

Source - https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/crimeandjustice/datasets/appendixtableshomicideinenglandandwales

(table 28)

Where do you think the bigger problem is and where BLM should be focusing its efforts? 

Bolded bit.  Interesting analysis.  I'm pretty sure there has been news coverage.  Otherwise, how did you know she got shot?

Your figures show that 18 black people were killed by whites between 2018 and 2020. So can you point us to the eighteen BLM protests that took place; one for each death?  To back up your claim "If it had a white person shooting then it would be classed as a racist attack and all over the news and BLM would be taking to the streets again."

Just out of interest, do you have the figures for how many white people killed white people and how many Indian people killed Chinese people?  

BLM was set-up in response to concerns regarding police brutality.  Have you looked to see if there are specific organisations to combat black-on-black murder?  Are there any organisations that were set up to combat white-on-white murder?

45 minutes ago, sheffbag said:

Not really, its a comment about the difference in media coverage and the perception. If it had a white person shooting then it would be classed as a racist attack and all over the news and BLM would be taking to the streets again.

Oh come off it...

...if the identity of the shooter were known, and they were white, the papers would have a picture lifted from facebook of them gardening with a big smile looking all chummy and friendly in a nice shirt...

...if they were black, the papers would ignore all those types of pictures and show the one pic of fancy dress where the shooter was dressed in black brandishing a gang sign and a fake AK47.

It's happened so many times it's almost laughable...

45 minutes ago, sheffbag said:

Because its 4 black men who shot her then no news and only coverage giving a positive image of the "vigil" in the bandstand

Pretty sure there's been plenty of news coverage of it, generally tho they don't start character assassinating the victim while they're fighting for life.

15 hours ago, makapaka said:

that clear it up?

oh do me a favour, it wasnt Murder by any stretch, manslaughter yes and some people dont do themselves any favours white or black when they get pulled by the police as for blm lot they are just stoking the race fire i actually think some of them enjoy the conflict.

40 minutes ago, butlers said:

Where to even start.

Can you give the white on white murder rate too ?

White on white murder UK 512 (83%)

White on White murder US 2594 (78%)

and just for completeness

Black on white murder UK - 62 (10%)

Black on white murder US - 566 (17%)

38 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

Bolded bit.  Interesting analysis.  I'm pretty sure there has been news coverage.  Otherwise, how did you know she got shot?

Your figures show that 18 black people were killed by whites between 2018 and 2020. So can you point us to the eighteen BLM protests that took place; one for each death?  To back up your claim "If it had a white person shooting then it would be classed as a racist attack and all over the news and BLM would be taking to the streets again."

Just out of interest, do you have the figures for how many white people killed white people and how many Indian people killed Chinese people?  

BLM was set-up in response to concerns regarding police brutality.  Have you looked to see if there are specific organisations to combat black-on-black murder?  Are there any organisations that were set up to combat white-on-white murder?

My bold

In 2013, three radical Black organizers — Alicia Garza, Patrisse Cullors, and Opal Tometi — created a Black-centered political will and movement building project called #BlackLivesMatter. It was in response to the acquittal of Trayvon Martin’s murderer, George Zimmerman.

https://blacklivesmatter.com/herstory/ 

Was George a policeman? or a hispanic american who had already been arrested for assauliting a police officer.

BLM claims that its "mission is to eradicate white supremacy and build local power to intervene in violence inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes"

Why is it not looking at the violence inflicted on Black communities by people within the community which is a lot high proportion than violence inflicted on them by "the state and vigilantes"

No, there are no organisations such as BLM with regard to non black communities or white on white murder. My point is that everyone, the media, BLM, and others continue to not cover or deny that there is a bigger problem with regard to murder within the black community itself otherwise why woudl a black person be over 5 times more likely to be killed by a black person than a white one

You are right that there was little news coverage of the shooting but has there been any since. I'll turn your question around

"What media coverage do you think there would have been if it was 4 white men who had shot a prominent BLM activist?"

Guest makapaka
14 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

oh do me a favour, it wasnt Murder by any stretch, manslaughter yes and some people dont do themselves any favours white or black when they get pulled by the police as for blm lot they are just stoking the race fire i actually think some of them enjoy the conflict.

He was convicted of murder.

20 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Oh come off it...

...if the identity of the shooter were known, and they were white, the papers would have a picture lifted from facebook of them gardening with a big smile looking all chummy and friendly in a nice shirt...

...if they were black, the papers would ignore all those types of pictures and show the one pic of fancy dress where the shooter was dressed in black brandishing a gang sign and a fake AK47.

It's happened so many times it's almost laughable...

Pretty sure there's been plenty of news coverage of it, generally tho they don't start character assassinating the victim while they're fighting for life.

So you think that if the shooter had been white then BLM wouldn't be protesting ?