Saving The Nhs, Or The Attempted Assassination Of Our Cultural Heritage?

The banning of fans at football matches has placed clubs on the verge of collapse. Similarly, the restrictions on public attendance at rugby, cricket, speedway, ice hockey and snooker has placed them all on life-support. Taking part in outdoor sport has plummeted, as has attendance at leisure centres and gymnasia. The closure of churches and other places of worship has sent the country into a secular downward spiral, whilst the closure of schools, shops, pubs, restaurants, theatres and cinemas has reduced us to a nation of couch-potatoes whose minds are dumbed down to the level of the grim, vulgar, tasteless television. The restriction of travel – international and domestic – has expunged the traditional British spirit of adventure and exploration. 

Some might claim that the alleged justification for this colossal act of national destruction is less than truthful, and that the official reasoning does not appear to stand up to rational scrutiny. Some might conclude that, for reasons as yet unknown, the only coherent explanation for this exercise could be the deliberate, premeditated and malevolent destruction of the intrinsic wealth of the country, along with the health, wellbeing and cultural fabric of its inhabitants.  

I am advised that the cure for all these ills lies in a simple shot in the arm, but am as far from being convinced of this as east is from west. In my more despondent moments, I confess to believing that the effect of the shot in the arm might be more in keeping with a shot in the head.

What do other subscribers to this forum feel?

5 minutes ago, Yosemite Sam said:

The banning of fans at football matches has placed clubs on the verge of collapse. Similarly, the restrictions on public attendance at rugby, cricket, speedway, ice hockey and snooker has placed them all on life-support. Taking part in outdoor sport has plummeted, as has attendance at leisure centres and gymnasia. The closure of churches and other places of worship has sent the country into a secular downward spiral, whilst the closure of schools, shops, pubs, restaurants, theatres and cinemas has reduced us to a nation of couch-potatoes whose minds are dumbed down to the level of the grim, vulgar, tasteless television. The restriction of travel – international and domestic – has expunged the traditional British spirit of adventure and exploration. 

Some might claim that the alleged justification for this colossal act of national destruction is less than truthful, and that the official reasoning does not appear to stand up to rational scrutiny. Some might conclude that, for reasons as yet unknown, the only coherent explanation for this exercise could be the deliberate, premeditated and malevolent destruction of the intrinsic wealth of the country, along with the health, wellbeing and cultural fabric of its inhabitants.  

I am advised that the cure for all these ills lies in a simple shot in the arm, but am as far from being convinced of this as east is from west. In my more despondent moments, I confess to believing that the effect of the shot in the arm might be more in keeping with a shot in the head.

What do other subscribers to this forum feel?

Theatre has started up slowly. And you could have watched some national theatre downloads on YouTube.

My work is connected to crowds, it's been an expensive struggle, but as long as Boris does **** it all up on the last lap - I'm back.  

This whole drama was never about Saving the NHS. 

Those disgusting Tiktok videos made by those "overworked" Nurses and Doctors show that and anyone who thinks we are almost out of this charade is kidding themselves. 

Just get ready for the next lockdown 👍

Edited by The_DADDY

Just now, The_DADDY said:

This whole drama was never about Saving the NHS. 

Those disgusting Tiktok videos made by those "overworked" Nurses and Doctors show that and anyone who thinks we are almost out of this charade is kidding themselves. 

Just get ready for the next lockdown 👍

Unless hospital admissions look like going through the roof, absolutely nobody will stand for another one.

Just now, HeHasRisen said:

Unless hospital admissions look like going through the roof, absolutely nobody will stand for another one.

I really hope you are right. I doubt my mental health could take another  

Ah yes, governments, who, in a democratic society need to avoid doing too many unpopular things, decided to do a lot of really unpopular things like shutting down pubs and churches and sport.

What could possibly be the reason for this? Two main options come to mind.

1) that there is a global pandemic going around that has the potential to kill a lot of people, and based on the combined expertise from thousands of epidemiologists and many other experts from around the world, a lockdown was decided as the least worst option.

2) The government, as part of some global conspiracy, decides to wreck the economy, because reasons?

Having read someone's blog, I'm now completely convinced by (2).

11 minutes ago, dave_the_m said:

Ah yes, governments, who, in a democratic society need to avoid doing too many unpopular things, decided to do a lot of really unpopular things like shutting down pubs and churches and sport.

What could possibly be the reason for this? Two main options come to mind.

1) that there is a global pandemic going around that has the potential to kill a lot of people, and based on the combined expertise from thousands of epidemiologists and many other experts from around the world, a lockdown was decided as the least worst option.

2) The government, as part of some global conspiracy, decides to wreck the economy, because reasons?

Having read someone's blog, I'm now completely convinced by (2).

Oh dear - not QAnon, surely? 🤣

Just now, RollingJ said:

😂

The  hope that Conspiracy Theorists would go away will be a disappointment to some. 

It all sounds a dated now- perhaps they need an injection of new ideas. Oh they can't!

8 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

The  hope that Conspiracy Theorists would go away will be a disappointment to some. 

It all sounds a dated now- perhaps they need an injection of new ideas. Oh they can't!

Actually, Annie, I'm kind of enjoying seeing this guy make a total prat of himself, and as my usual Tech boards are quiet,  it gives me something to play with.

12 hours ago, RollingJ said:

Nah - the Covid false flag is just the Illuminati trying to distract "the sheeple" from the truth about flat earth 😎

On 25/05/2021 at 00:14, Longcol said:

Nah - the Covid false flag is just the Illuminati trying to distract "the sheeple" from the truth about flat earth 😎

How about  reasonable discussions rather than the instant judgement and labeling of any one who objects to what has happened  as an insane conspiracy theorist.

Edited by Zaphod