Neighbour's Offshoot Render Coming Away

The neighbouring house is rented, not through an agency, and we have no contact information for the owner. Their (very high) offshot kitchen is the boundary wall, and the render is cracked and coming away from the wall. It looks quite unsafe. What can we do?

2 hours ago, Womerry2 said:

The neighbouring house is rented, not through an agency, and we have no contact information for the owner. Their (very high) offshot kitchen is the boundary wall, and the render is cracked and coming away from the wall. It looks quite unsafe. What can we do?

Are there tenants in said house. If so point it out to them and they may have a way of getting in touch with the owner 

20 hours ago, Womerry2 said:

Most likely the gable wall is owned/maintainable by that house's owner.

You can obtain ownership details direct from HMLR for just £3: https://eservices.landregistry.gov.uk/eservices/FindAProperty/view/QuickEnquiryInit.do

17 hours ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

Most likely the gable wall is owned/maintainable by that house's owner.

You can obtain ownership details direct from HMLR for just £3: https://eservices.landregistry.gov.uk/eservices/FindAProperty/view/QuickEnquiryInit.do

This can be a waste of money sometimes. I had an issue with a nearby rented property one time (been on rent for almost 10 years one and off).

Paid the £3 for the ownership details. Turns out the owner was registered at that address. So I didn't get very far in tracking him down!

7 hours ago, arrowhead said:

This can be a waste of money sometimes. I had an issue with a nearby rented property one time (been on rent for almost 10 years one and off).

Paid the £3 for the ownership details. Turns out the owner was registered at that address. So I didn't get very far in tracking him down!

If that's so, the HMLR title entries will also disclose any mortgage details.

In case of severe provocation, one could complain to the mortgagee (lender). Possibly the proprietor did not trouble to obtain its consent for sub-letting (one reason why a proprietor might conceal his/her true address from HMLR!)

16 hours ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

If that's so, the HMLR title entries will also disclose any mortgage details.

In case of severe provocation, one could complain to the mortgagee (lender). Possibly the proprietor did not trouble to obtain its consent for sub-letting (one reason why a proprietor might conceal his/her true address from HMLR!)

(as i found out much later through word of mouth) the owner is a landlord of hundreds of properties in Sheffield, almost all auction cash purchases so that wouldn't have worked either.

Hence why he couldn't care less about the state of the property or his tenants as long as the rent kept coming in.