Football World Cup Every 2 Years?

FIFA are looking at the feasibility of holding both the men's & women's World Cup competitions, every 2 years. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57205872

Isn't it the fact that the competitions are every 4 years, is what makes them special & makes football fans eager for the competitions? 

No doubt the idea behind it all is just another money / revenue generating cash-cow  opportunity for FIFA to make even more? 

Edited by Baron99

never going to work as the Euro's are every 4 years - so sandwiched in between the world cup, i think.

On 22/05/2021 at 17:17, willman said:

never going to work as the Euro's are every 4 years - so sandwiched in between the world cup, i think.

Or, they move the World Cup to odd numbered years.

8 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Or, they move the World Cup to odd numbered years.

Then you've got to take into account the likes of the  Copa América, every 4 years & the African Cup of Nations every 2 years, as well as fitting in the domestic leagues of all the countries. 

Something tells me that FIFA will get their way & everyone will have to work around the World Cups? 

Edited by Baron99

14 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Then you've got to take into account the likes of the  Copa América, every 4 years & the African Cup of Nations every 2 years, as well as fitting in the domestic leagues of all the countries. 

Something tells me that FIFA will get their way & everyone will have to work around the World Cups? 

The Africans holding their event every 2 years when no other region else bothers with that frequency as far as I know is bonkers anyway tbh, and has been a bone of contention for a good while.

Edited by HeHasRisen