If You Could See A Remake Of Any Movie, What Would It Be And Why?

Charade -  1960s film starred Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn

My Fair Lady - The original had the late Audrey Hepburn and Rex Harrison.

I think Martine McCutcheon's been in it on stage, they could her back for a remake of the original film of a girl who talks like an Eastenders character learning how to speak "posh" :D 

2 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

I think he is saying they have all been remade and were rubbish with the exception of Cape Fear. I would agree with that opinion.

Thankyou, Your correct, out of the five remakes  I saw I only  thought one of them was any good,  a bit scary at times.  I actually thought it was as good as the original if not better. 

On 22/05/2021 at 18:38, PRESLEY said:

Thankyou, Your correct, out of the five remakes  I saw I only  thought one of them was any good,  a bit scary at times.  I actually thought it was as good as the original if not better. 

Your equals you're :D 

1 hour ago, Mr Allen said:

Your equals you're :D 

Oh dear fetch the spelling police quick. :hihi:

I’ve just watched a remake of the 2020 version of Daphne du Maurier’s, Rebecca.  I preferred the older one, directed by Hitchcock, the acting was much better and more convincing.  

I would like to see a remake of Starman.  Jeff Bridges was is this film.

It would probably suck, but I wouldn't mind a remake of Mask of Zorro, starring Anthony Hopkins, Antonio Banderas and Catherine Zeta Jones (aka the hottest woman in Wales).

Watched the remake of Ben Hur and Papillon,  really good but not a patch on the Heston and Mcqueen versions but credit due the actors and production teams.  

10 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Watched the remake of Ben Hur and Papillon,  really good but not a patch on the Heston and Mcqueen versions but credit due the actors and production teams.  

I didn’t know they had made a remake of these films.  I will watch them but like you I don’t expect them to be as good as the old ones.  

Papillon is on Netflix and Ben Hur is on 5 live, I think its called.  :thumbsup:

Kes. However I doubt if they could improve on the original one.

1 minute ago, pattricia said:

Kes. However I doubt if they could improve on the original one.

I agree.