If You Could See A Remake Of Any Movie, What Would It Be And Why?

Topic.

For me there's a few options, most notably Dark Crystal, with modern CGI technology and original Puppets... Or the original Robocop, discounting that pants remake from about 7 years ago.

Anyone else got ideas?

The Wild Women of Wongo  

One of my favourite films from the 1940s, Nightmare Alley is currently being remade. 

Given the talent that was in front of and behind the cameras for the 1940s film, I doubt whether the remake will be as good.

However, the original film was hamstrung by the standards of the day which stopped the film being more powerful than it was.

Edited by Mister M

Highlander is surely due a remake, the original is a great idea for a film but it hasn't aged very well.

To be honest if it's a movie I like then I don't see any reason at all to remake it. It's like saying Casablanca is due a reboot or remake A Matter Of Life And Death with better special effects. A good movie doesn't stop being a good movie just because it's old.

Remakes should be for the good stories that didn't get the best treatment by the filmmakers and so could be improved upon (hopefully the upcoming Dune will be an example of that) or for good stories that got absolutely ruined by poor writers, directors or studio interference.

I'm not sure it'd technically count as a remake but I'd love to see someone do a much more faithful telling of World War Z than whatever the Brad Pitt movie was supposed to be. That said it'd have to be a TV series rather than a film to do it any justice.

Five remakes spring to mind are Italian job, Little Women, Nutty Professor, Dads Army, and Cape Fear,  IMO, Cape Fear was the best the others mentioned are rubbish.:gag:

2 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Five remakes spring to mind are Italian job, Little Women, Nutty Professor, Dads Army, and Cape Fear,  IMO, Cape Fear was the best the others mentioned are rubbish.:gag:

I think all of those have been done mate.

Italian Job was remade in 2010, Nutty Professor was done with Eddie Murphy back in the late 90s as I recall, Dad's Army was done a couple of years ago starring the most gorgeous woman in Wales, Catherine Zeta Jones.

1 hour ago, Mr Allen said:

I think all of those have been done mate.

Italian Job was remade in 2010, Nutty Professor was done with Eddie Murphy back in the late 90s as I recall, Dad's Army was done a couple of years ago starring the most gorgeous woman in Wales, Catherine Zeta Jones.

I think he is saying they have all been remade and were rubbish with the exception of Cape Fear. I would agree with that opinion.

18 hours ago, top4718 said:

Highlander is surely due a remake, the original is a great idea for a film but it hasn't aged very well.

Henry caville is being tipped for a highlander remake. 

Highlander remake wouldn't be as good as the original without the music from Queen, sadly Freddie Mercury died 30 years ago :cry: 

Labrynth - 'cos i have no idea why the original pile of goualash seems to be so popular.

10 minutes ago, willman said:

Labrynth - 'cos i have no idea why the original pile of goualash seems to be so popular.

Most of what made the original great (IMO) was the late David Bowie as the Goblin King. A remake without him in it wouldn't be anywhere near as good.