Sheffield United V Burnley

Just now, cuttsie said:

£40 to watch a football match is pricing most people out , its now a sport for the rich .

Its is mate and that's a much wider debate, our chairman has been as guilty as anyone for pricing fans out (although ST's were reasonable), football has become a cash cow.

59 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Its a local football forum man, we've had stick for our ticket prices (and rightly so) now you're getting some for yours.

Do you think 40 is a reasonable price for a non event?

You posted a lie claiming that most prem teams were giving tickets away when in fact only Burnley are doing this. You do it all the time then try and move the goalposts when this is pointed out .it’s embarrassing.

I think £40 to watch the game is scandalous and any money raised should be given to local charities. I hope nobody turns up 

43 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

£40 to watch a football match is pricing most people out , its now a sport for the rich .

Premiership football has slowly turned in to a middle class sport over the last couple of decades, and the rest are slowly catching up.

it doesn’t have to be this way , but somehow fans are going to have to have some form of representation in the boardroom before things change.

11 hours ago, top4718 said:

Most of the PL teams are giving tickets away for these dead rubber games but the Prince is more savvy than that, its 40 quid a chuck.

Hmmm... :huh:

... I think I see your problem here Mr Top.

Your lack of understanding of the modern game leads you to believe that after a considerable time without paying customers, a well-run business should then, at the first opportunity, open their doors to the general public at a minimal price, thereby incurring even further expenses.

I think it's a fantastic idea! ... although somewhat contrary to the economic laws of 'supply and demand'. Now I accept that some less informed individuals may believe that such laws don't exist, but in this case I think you'll find they are very much in evidence.

It's the final opportunity for the paying public to see their favourite professional athletes perform on the World's greatest stage for who knows how long? That's something that over 50% (we're constantly reminded) of Sheffielders may never see again!

Crowd capacity will be limited for obvious reasons (no, for those at the back, not just because the performances this season have been of Championship quality) and many people will be disappointed that they couldn't be there.

So, is it a lot of money? Well of course it is, if you can't afford it!

But let's see if it's just a one-off price for being able to attend what could be a bit of local footy history...

... it's not like they're going to be charging Premiership prices for League One matches now, is it? :hihi:

5 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Your lack of understanding of the modern game leads you to believe that after a considerable time without paying customers, a well-run business should then, at the first opportunity, open their doors to the general public at a minimal price, thereby incurring even further expenses.

I think it's a fantastic idea! ... although somewhat contrary to the economic laws of 'supply and demand'. Now I accept that some less informed individuals may believe that such laws don't exist, but in this case I think you'll find they are very much in evidence.

It's the final opportunity for the paying public to see their favourite professional athletes perform on the World's greatest stage for who knows how long? That's something that over 50% (we're constantly reminded) of Sheffielders may never see again!

Crowd capacity will be limited for obvious reasons (no, for those at the back, not just because the performances this season have been of Championship quality) and many people will be disappointed that they couldn't be there.

But let's see if it's just a one-off price for being able to attend what could be a bit of local footy history...

... it's not like they're going to be charging Premiership prices for League One matches now, is it? :hihi:

"Favourite professional athletes perform on the worlds greatest stage"....or in the real world...one of the worst United sides in the clubs history finishing a record breaking season, for all the wrong reasons, in a dead rubber game  and charging loyal supporters a premium price for the privilege ....

As a gesture to Unitedites ,would it hurt the Prince to do tickets at £10 ??

1 hour ago, Mr Bloke said:

Its certainly history, you could finish it as the lowest scoring top flight team ever.

Most United fans I've seen on Twitter and spoken to personally have no intention of going to the game at any price after such a diabolical season.

What are SWFC's prices for next season, they've not been released yet so you must have insider knowledge.

What a horrible term 'supply and demand'. A term invented and voiced by people who are already privileged to Plebs who fall for the nonsense. Airlines claim it at School Holidays.  Publicans do it at New Year. Same holidays, same beer, same Planes, same staff but they inflate the prices cos they can. Bramall Lane should be empty.

The pubs should be empty and the Planes should stay parked up. If a Plane's full, put on another Plane. How hard can it be? It's lack of supply, not too much demand, but Plebs don't see it that way. That's why they're Plebs. It's fine for people who are overpaid, but the average Joe isn't given a thought. Prices should be set for average Joes, not the Corporates. We wonder why some clubs (most clubs?) are in trouble, but brazen it through because 'money is God'

Twenty's Plenty.

So, Saturday morning in my Sun newspaper,

A £5 free bet voucher courtesy of Paddy Power.

Sunday morning a visit to Firth Park's PP to take advantage..

Now I'm not anti-blade, but I stuck the £5 on Burnley at 13-10.

Muggin's GRRR.

3 hours ago, Padders said:

Muggin's GRRR.

I'd have probably done the same Padders 😄😄

5 hours ago, Padders said:

Muggin's GRRR.

Would have only been £6.50 returns, nothing to gripe about. Probably would have got you two cheese and ham sarnies from the local butty shop.

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Would have only been £6.50 returns, nothing to gripe about. Probably would have got you two cheese and ham sarnies from the local butty shop.

Not often you get money for nowt offered, and I blued it.

Incidentally it would have been 1 cheese sarnie and 1 ham sarnie.

1 minute ago, Padders said:

Not often you get money for nowt offered, and I blued it.

Incidentally it would have been 1 cheese sarnie and 1 ham sarnie.

A greasy chip buttie.