Excel 2003 To 2007

I am unable to open a file in my excel 2003 - I think its a 2007 file - any ideas on how to do this would be appreciated.

Microsoft did provide a set of file converters that would allow Office 2003 users to open Office 2007 documents, but it seems that Microsoft no longer make the converters available for download since but Office 2003 and 2007 are well over a decade old and out of extended support.

You can have a look here, but I make no guarantees as to whether you can download the converters, or to the authenticity of the download:

https://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-tools/Other-Office-Tools/Microsoft-Office-Compatibility-Pack-2007-File-Formats.shtml

If you have access to an FTP site or some other file transfer service, I can send you an Office2007 installer, or I can have a rummage around in the attic to see if I have a copy of the official Office 2007 File Format Converters on a CD or something.

Thanks Joker but we solved the problem using google sheets. 

Excel 2003 has been end of life for some years, I'd strongly recommend replacing.

If you can't afford the latest MS Office at least go with Open Office or any of the popular open source equivalents.

I would give LibreOffice Calc a try, or SoftMaker Office Planner - you can get the FreeOffice version of SoftMaker Office from here:

https://www.freeoffice.com/en/

Don't bother with the Android app though as Printing is disabled until you sign up for an 0.89p a month subscription. For Android I'm using OnlyOffice with no cloud as not needed.

LibreOffice calc works as well as MS Office, in every area I've tried except VBA support where I got frustrated.  LibreOffice is (short version) a newer version of OpenOffice with better support.

On 08/06/2021 at 14:39, RabM said:

LibreOffice calc works as well as MS Office, in every area I've tried except VBA support where I got frustrated.  LibreOffice is (short version) a newer version of OpenOffice with better support.

LibreOffice was setup by the Document Foundation and is contributed by all those who left OpenOffice when Oracle took over Sun Microsystems. I've now found an even better free version of Office for Android, Collabora Office and it is free (they are the Business arm or LibreOffice).