Racism In America

46 minutes ago, butlers said:

Whites tried to break into the basketball scene but there were too many hoops to jump thru

😂

I feel I should apologize, it's a shocker.

53 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

So you think black people are over represented in sport but all the other well paid professions they are represented in just the right numbers?

Besides, its not in her remit who the Bears line up.

Pretty sure I didn't say that 

58 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Doesn't look like she has any remit there, so no.

Neither is it in her remit to discriminate but ya know, she is doing. 

Turns out she had an open Press Conference 2 hours  after the restricted one celebrating her 2 years in office.

1 hour ago, Pyrotequila said:

The title of that article makes my brain hurt...how is that NOT racist?
If it were flipped around and she refused interviews to anyone not white, there would be screaming protests at the racism.

She may want to highlight inequality, but damn...

I'd say that for your point to be valid, you'd need to flip around the rest of the relevant factors as well i.e. if newsrooms there maintained an environment that only comprised 17% of white staff, and 13% of white leadership in a city where more than half of the city identifies as white, then you could make a case that she is being racist.

4 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

She is discriminating, in response to what seems fairly clearly racial bias in the media companies. It will force them to look at their recruitment practices, which is good. Unless you were going to suggest that the reason there are few Black and brown journalists is because they're too lazy or too thick, etc.

2 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

I'd say that for your point to be valid, you'd need to flip around the rest of the relevant factors as well i.e. if newsrooms there maintained an environment that only comprised 17% of white staff, and 13% of white leadership in a city where more than half of the city identifies as white, then you could make a case that she is being racist.

Absolutely on the money.

6 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

You seemed to want her to change the number of black people in professional sport. Can you clarify a bit for me?

This story led on Fox  " news" yesterday.

2 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Well, I have to say I'm not surprised that there is racism in america but I am surprised at how brazen and in your face it is 

Utterly disgusting...

has she shot any white people yet ?

Racism in America.  Maybe its something for for Mr & Mrs Windsor to try & tackle? 

1 hour ago, Delbow said:

She is discriminating, in response to what seems fairly clearly racial bias in the media companies. It will force them to look at their recruitment practices, which is good. Unless you were going to suggest that the reason there are few Black and brown journalists is because they're too lazy or too thick, etc.

My bold. 

I'm glad you agree. 

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

You seemed to want her to change the number of black people in professional sport. Can you clarify a bit for me?

No. My point is clear. I'm sure you get it but for the purposes of this thread it seems like you are pretending you don't 🙂

1 hour ago, The Joker said:

I'm not sure. I'll keep my eyes glued to the Internetsjust in case she does 

1 hour ago, Delbow said:

Nothing could have been further from my mind. Unlike yours. For you to even suggest something like that means it's floating around in your head somewhere. 

Not nice.... 

1 hour ago, The Joker said:

7 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I'm not sure. I'll keep my eyes glued to the Internetsjust in case she does

I'll take that as a No until you prove otherwise.

Glad we cleared that up.