Racism In America

Meh, have you seen the biopic "Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story"? The late great Bruce Lee came to the US from China back in the early to mid 1960s in a wave of racism because of his Chinese background.

Even when he became a famous movie star in the early 70s he still had to deal with racism right up to his death in July 1973.

The title of that article makes my brain hurt...how is that NOT racist?
If it were flipped around and she refused interviews to anyone not white, there would be screaming protests at the racism.

She may want to highlight inequality, but damn...

Edited by Pyrotequila

Her hypocrisy is unbelievable. It's people like along with Dianne Abbott and David Lammy in this country who are fuelling racism but they're too obsessive to realise it.

11 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

The title of that article makes my brain hurt...how is that NOT racist?
If it were flipped around and she refused interviews to anyone not white, there would be screaming protests at the racism.

She may want to highlight inequality, but damn...

Christ, where to start.

Do you think the almost completely white press room are all there on merit and only merit? It's not like Chicago is 90% white. Media companies aren't trying to be inclusive - if I've read it right the mayor has been looking at practically an all white press corps for 8 years. The mayor is giving them a helpful nudge if they want an interview. They can boycott if they like!

It's obvious the mayor is reacting to racism in a city where 45% of people are white but nearly all the reporters she's talking to are white. 

2 minutes ago, Delbow said:

It's obvious the mayor is reacting to racism in a city where 45% of people are white but nearly all the reporters she's talking to are white. 

Awesome. I can't wait to see her plans to racially diversify the NFL and NBA. 

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

Won't happen.

My 13 year old nephew, who is white, plays Basketball in London but it's well known that most of the BIG names in the NBA are black, Dennis Rodman, Michael Jordan, Ron Harper etc.

9 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

So you think black people are over represented in sport but all the other well paid professions they are represented in just the right numbers?

Besides, its not in her remit who the Bears line up.

12 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Doesn't look like she has any remit there, so no.

Whites tried to break into the basketball scene but there were too many hoops to jump thru

26 minutes ago, butlers said:

Whites tried to break into the basketball scene but there were too many hoops to jump thru

No wonder they got nowhere, they were doing it all wrong!