Retained List At Swfc

New team new outlook for you guys l think they did the right thing and get rid of the high earners .

Bring in the youngsters who will want to prove themselves in league one.

I think you may find it hard in league one. Big club means teams will want a scalp and play well against ye.

I wish ye well and l hope we can play each other again soon..

👍👍

27 minutes ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

The idea of bringing new players in to a club is that they are better than what you already have...& Michael Hector was very good for Wednesday...hence his Player of The Year award for the season he was here....like i said previously,who cares what he does or doesn't do elsewhere.....and comparing him to a player who makes up one of the worst teams to grace the Premier League seems an odd comparison.

Don't think Iorfa is the finished article and i think he's a poor full back,for the reason's you stated above....but he has the makings of a decent centre half .....and once he's proved his fitness,he'll be off....he's too good for the 3rd division...

A comparison between two relegated CBs, does it get anymore alike than that? One a fixture when fit and solid and reliable the previous season and the other banished after a string of poor games that cost his club points struggled to even make the bench at one point.

I know which one Id want in my backline.

I think with Iorfa Id be tempted to do a Carlton Palmer with him, because those strong driving runs cause havoc for defenders,hes not blessed with any kind of ability, but he strikes fear into opponents when he runs at speed into them. utilise his assets, he can tackle as well.

Edited by staninoodle

1 hour ago, staninoodle said:

Hector did ok at Wednesday he looked better than he was because the others werent very good.

You compare him in the prem against lets say basham at the lane whose cost peanuts, wages will be way less then Hectors were/are ,looks accomplished and assured and if he were a few years younger would quite easily walk into most premier league sides for good money.

That tells me Hectors not very good.

Weve got fans swooning over Iorfa now, you watch the kid and hes out of postion so often,fails to see danger quick enough,mis times challenges throughout a game, but looks better than Borner which isnt hard so our fans think hes better than the kid actually is.

IMO and a few others, in Börners first dozen games, he helped us to get over Hector.

Julian looked a fine signing.

Why he made the glaring mistakes he made in the last 4 or 5 matches is a mystery. 

Was he 'not playing' to get away, or was it a serious confidence problem?

I reckon keeping him would be a great move, though not for him, he's definitely too good to be a League 1 (3) player.

1 minute ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

IMO and a few others, in Börners first dozen games, he helped us to get over Hector.

Julian looked a fine signing.

Why he made the glaring mistakes he made in the last 4 or 5 matches is a mystery. 

Was he 'not playing' to get away, or was it a serious confidence problem?

I reckon keeping him would be a great move, though not for him, he's definitely too good to be a League 1 (3) player.

Borner's form when he first arrived was definitely above Division 3 standard.....

Borner's form this season was Division 3 standard...

Edited by Sheridan1-0

Just now, Sheridan1-0 said:

Borner's form when he first arrived was definitely above Division 3 standard.....Borner's form this season is Division 3 standard...

Not all Season Sheri. When he ventured in to midfield, he looked tidy and in his forays up front, he caused a lot of panic. His goals late on gave us a boost. Like I said, his many mistakes late on were in total contrast to his better games.

It's not just me who preferred him to Lees.

JB not getting games did his confidence no good at all.

IMO, he didn't deserve to be dropped. The same happened with Uroghide. Played well, or very well, then was on the bench for the next game. I couldn't believe the team selection sometimes. This happened loads under the Caretaker and happened a good few times under Moore. Consistency wasn't in our vocabulary quite often. Not sure if results would have been better or not, but I don't think the regular changes helped.

1 hour ago, Mooks said:

New team new outlook for you guys l think they did the right thing and get rid of the high earners .

Bring in the youngsters who will want to prove themselves in league one.

I think you may find it hard in league one. Big club means teams will want a scalp and play well against ye.

I wish ye well and l hope we can play each other again soon..

👍👍

Agree with the thought, Mooks. But potentially,  League 1 isn't a minnow pool. Sunderland, Charlton, Portsmouth & Ipswich may await - Bolton also, from League 2. 

Local derbies against Doncaster & Lincoln  are not without appeal!

1 hour ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Not all Season Sheri. When he ventured in to midfield, he looked tidy and in his forays up front, he caused a lot of panic. His goals late on gave us a boost. Like I said, his many mistakes late on were in total contrast to his better games.

It's not just me who preferred him to Lees.

JB not getting games did his confidence no good at all.

IMO, he didn't deserve to be dropped. The same happened with Uroghide. Played well, or very well, then was on the bench for the next game. I couldn't believe the team selection sometimes. This happened loads under the Caretaker and happened a good few times under Moore. Consistency wasn't in our vocabulary quite often. Not sure if results would have been better or not, but I don't think the regular changes helped.

I think Borner has looked a liability at times ..he has no pace and his rash challenges are a reflection of it...but he scores important goals and when he's on form he's a decent player ...

I may be in a minority here,but i think Urhoghide is a little overrated ...a few good games but at times he looks like a fish out of water....having said that i hope he stays and puts more consistency into his game..

2 hours ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

The idea of bringing new players in to a club is that they are better than what you already have...& Michael Hector was very good for Wednesday...hence his Player of The Year award for the season he was here....like i said previously,who cares what he does or doesn't do elsewhere.....and comparing him to a player who makes up one of the worst teams to grace the Premier League seems an odd comparison.

Don't think Iorfa is the finished article and i think he's a poor full back,for the reason's you stated above....but he has the makings of a decent centre half .....and once he's proved his fitness,he'll be off....he's too good for the 3rd division...

Seen video today of Iorfa back running at Middlewood Rd, we'll probably keep hold of him till he gets to full fitness then he'll be gone.

16 hours ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

I think Borner has looked a liability at times ..he has no pace and his rash challenges are a reflection of it...but he scores important goals and when he's on form he's a decent player ...

I may be in a minority here,but i think Urhoghide is a little overrated ...a few good games but at times he looks like a fish out of water....having said that i hope he stays and puts more consistency into his game..

Yep. Börner has looked dodgy at times, but no more than Lees and one or two others. Glaring mistakes condensed in to the last few games made it look worse, I reckon. Uroghide has great potential. He's inexperienced, a thing you can't buy your way out of and can't hurry. At the end of the day, we're probably discussing players who won't be here?

saw today we missed a top manager that i am sure would of come,no disrespect to darren,but nuno santo from wolves would of suited us bang on,good at sorting teams like us out,loans players,top contacts,but in darren we will believe,nuno could go to sufc,that man would get them in the premier by xmas.

32 minutes ago, bassett one said:

saw today we missed a top manager that i am sure would of come,no disrespect to darren,but nuno santo from wolves would of suited us bang on,good at sorting teams like us out,loans players,top contacts,but in darren we will believe,nuno could go to sufc,that man would get them in the premier by xmas.

You really think if he had been available before we got Moore he'd of joined us? No chance. You mention loan players but it wasn't all down to Nuno they signed those players, alot has been said about wolves links with the agent involved with said players, just bringing in Nuno or any supposed top manager wouldn't mean we could do what wolves did regarding loans.

2 hours ago, bassett one said:

Wolves recruitment is very good way better than Doyen or piaxo lol, not sure how much input Nuno has other than looking at the choices put infront of him thats modern football.

Nuno will be at spurs anyday soon now hes quit his job.