Retained List At Swfc

reading yorkshire live,all the lot are gone,except 1 year contracts to ciaran brannan,alex hunt and sam hutchinson,hope i have read it correct ,as i dont want to misform you,so that means big changes,but who?

Only surprise to me is Harris. The others were either on too much money or simply not good enough/past their sell by date. Not sure how they go about things now. Some serious decisions to be made by Chansiri . Is he up to it ? I'm not really convinced he is. I just hope he gives the manager some serious money to spend. We can't just rely on free signings and young kids.

harris  has  gone,it will be wages,leaves us a bit thin,now,but we move on and hopefully with some good players of quality still on the books we can move on.

Lets hope we can get some decent young players onboard. Were a sleeping giant (he says hopefully).

lets hope ,darren can get some good loan players,mix youth with some older heads and get us back up.

Would imagine this is to do with wages, mostly, sure DC would have kept them on if he could have sold the ground again.

In truth change was long overdue, we should have moved some of these players on a long time ago and improved on them, instead weve sat back and festered as a result.

Lees and Westwood should have been replaced ages ago, by younger and more mobile players, its called evolution and it doesnt have to cost millions, united have 3 VERY good first choice CBs all recruited at a sensible fee.Wednesday never replaced Loovens and as a result have ended up with a more defensive back 3 set up,because non of the current CBs are  good enough, all down to poor recruitment and the massive spending spree after wembley.

As for Westwood, he never had any serious competition, two youngsters barely tested in the championship and hung out to dry for every little mistake thrown in the deep end, and seriously under protected once Loovens left by a sub standard defence.our fans swooned over the hapless Hector, whose absolutely bombed at fulham and looks way out of his depth,made to look an absolute fool by arsenal and hasnt started a game since. Westy had his time but it was over long ago,steve bruce when at wednesday was lining up a move for Darlow at newcastle but again we didnt have the funds, and failed with a loan bid.

As for the rest,Reach was a player like Abdi we didnt really need, but turning down 9M for him was just crazy,and now he leaves on a free transfer having cost 5M, Harris was hopeless, no end product, odubajo was niaeve defensively but good going forward a lot like Penny who was just plain lazy, Pelupessy was a very average DMC, that struggled in a really physical battles,certainly no carlton plamer, lacked any authority and couldnt score a goal if he played all night.

So fair to say no tears from me, I enjoyed watching some of them in better days with better players, but their weaknesses were there for all to see once the better players moved on.

8 hours ago, staninoodle said:

Would imagine this is to do with wages, mostly, sure DC would have kept them on if he could have sold the ground again.

In truth change was long overdue, we should have moved some of these players on a long time ago and improved on them, instead weve sat back and festered as a result.

Lees and Westwood should have been replaced ages ago, by younger and more mobile players, its called evolution and it doesnt have to cost millions, united have 3 VERY good first choice CBs all recruited at a sensible fee.Wednesday never replaced Loovens and as a result have ended up with a more defensive back 3 set up,because non of the current CBs are  good enough, all down to poor recruitment and the massive spending spree after wembley.

As for Westwood, he never had any serious competition, two youngsters barely tested in the championship and hung out to dry for every little mistake thrown in the deep end, and seriously under protected once Loovens left by a sub standard defence.our fans swooned over the hapless Hector, whose absolutely bombed at fulham and looks way out of his depth,made to look an absolute fool by arsenal and hasnt started a game since. Westy had his time but it was over long ago,steve bruce when at wednesday was lining up a move for Darlow at newcastle but again we didnt have the funds, and failed with a loan bid.

As for the rest,Reach was a player like Abdi we didnt really need, but turning down 9M for him was just crazy,and now he leaves on a free transfer having cost 5M, Harris was hopeless, no end product, odubajo was niaeve defensively but good going forward a lot like Penny who was just plain lazy, Pelupessy was a very average DMC, that struggled in a really physical battles,certainly no carlton plamer, lacked any authority and couldnt score a goal if he played all night.

So fair to say no tears from me, I enjoyed watching some of them in better days with better players, but their weaknesses were there for all to see once the better players moved on.

Summed up very well and shows how bad DC's running of the club is.

9 hours ago, staninoodle said:

Fair assessment .....other than Michael Hector in a Wednesday shirt did very for us....& who cares what he did at Fulham ..?

After releasing ten players and two going back too there  parent clubs we certainly need to be bringing players in there is no doubt about it.  With what we have left at present and no more outgoings or incomings and all being fit my team would have to look something like this.  

Wildsmith

Iorfa/ Uroghide                                  Hutchinson                                      Dunkley/Borner      

Palmer /Uroghide                                                 luongo                                                      Bannan                                   Green

Patterson

Iorfa                              Windass

Like i say we need players. I, LL GET MI COAT.

windass and patterson both want out,as they both want better clubs,then theres several only on one year deals,its needs sorting,especially those player that can ,sign for another side come jan,although they cannot leave,if you understand me.

4 hours ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

Fair assessment .....other than Michael Hector in a Wednesday shirt did very for us....& who cares what he did at Fulham ..?

Hector did ok at Wednesday he looked better than he was because the others werent very good.

You compare him in the prem against lets say basham at the lane whose cost peanuts, wages will be way less then Hectors were/are ,looks accomplished and assured and if he were a few years younger would quite easily walk into most premier league sides for good money.

That tells me Hectors not very good.

Weve got fans swooning over Iorfa now, you watch the kid and hes out of postion so often,fails to see danger quick enough,mis times challenges throughout a game, but looks better than Borner which isnt hard so our fans think hes better than the kid actually is.

Just now, staninoodle said:

Hector did ok at Wednesday he looked better than he was because the others werent very good.

You compare him in the prem against lets say basham at the lane whose cost peanuts, wages will be way less then Hectors were/are ,looks accomplished and assured and if he were a few years younger would quite easily walk into most premier league sides for good money.

That tells me Hectors not very good.

Weve got fans swooning over Iorfa now, you watch the kid and hes out of postion so often,fails to see danger quick enough,mis times challenges throughout a game, but looks better than Borner which isnt hard so our fans think hes better than the kid actually is.

The idea of bringing new players in to a club is that they are better than what you already have...& Michael Hector was very good for Wednesday...hence his Player of The Year award for the season he was here....like i said previously,who cares what he does or doesn't do elsewhere.....and comparing him to a player who makes up one of the worst teams to grace the Premier League seems an odd comparison.

Don't think Iorfa is the finished article and i think he's a poor full back,for the reason's you stated above....but he has the makings of a decent centre half .....and once he's proved his fitness,he'll be off....he's too good for the 3rd division...