Any Road Cyclists Out There?

Hi Forumers,

I have recently got back into road cycling and wondered whether there are any riders who I could join or who fancy riding? I have seen the ‘official’ cycle clubs but they seem a bit too official and intimidating. I am based in south of Sheffield but work near City centre so happy to meet/ride wherever,

Thanks

Hi FOgemaster. A little more info might get you some response.  i.e. Where in the south of Sheffield do you live ? How old are you ? Are you a lady or gent ? What sort of distance can you cycle ? What is your preferred day to cycle and at what start time ? Are you prepared to ride at the speed whether slow / medium or fast of the riders out with you ?

Best of luck !

On 20/05/2021 at 00:58, F0rgemaster said:

Hi Forumers,

I have recently got back into road cycling and wondered whether there are any riders who I could join or who fancy riding? I have seen the ‘official’ cycle clubs but they seem a bit too official and intimidating. I am based in south of Sheffield but work near City centre so happy to meet/ride wherever,

Thanks

Plenty of clubs which are not intimidating, although they may appear so from the outside in, maybe google Common Lane Occasionals, they have ride Saturday mornings from Bents Green.

Some clubs are racing clubs, so probably not what you're looking for.

What kind of level are you at, or were you at? Mileage wise, 30, 50, 70? Average speed, 15, 18mph?

Thanks for the replies! Sorry, I’m a gent 40 years and average between 13 and 15 miles. Usually do 30-40 miles but could probably do longer with others. I’m in Dore, S17 and could do most evenings from 6sh. 
@bargepole23 is that the tea cake ride from Bents road on Saturdays or something else? Thanks 🙂

On 02/06/2021 at 22:54, F0rgemaster said:

Thanks for the replies! Sorry, I’m a gent 40 years and average between 13 and 15 miles. Usually do 30-40 miles but could probably do longer with others. I’m in Dore, S17 and could do most evenings from 6sh. 
@bargepole23 is that the tea cake ride from Bents road on Saturdays or something else? Thanks 🙂

Something else. Teacake ride is a Rutland CC ride, Rutland being one of the older Sheffield clubs.

Plenty of South York's lads have rode the Tour De France over the years but has there ever been one as brutal as this one is turning out to be , the crashes and injuries are  spectacular to watch . Lets hope no one gets killed the way its going .

13 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Plenty of South York's lads have rode the Tour De France over the years but has there ever been one as brutal as this one is turning out to be , the crashes and injuries are  spectacular to watch . Lets hope no one gets killed the way its going .

Not sure it's any different to years past, I think we just see more of it on social media and far more extensive TV coverage. 

Tea Cake ride is legendary always wanted to try it but they seem pretty fast!

On 18/07/2021 at 21:21, Fudbeer said:

Tea Cake ride is legendary always wanted to try it but they seem pretty fast!

Same! I’m planning to work up to it and join next year 🙂 Are you local to the area?