Money Will Be Even Tighter For United

The chairman of SUFC is a pauper in football terms, he has a mortgage on the ground and loan taken out with the McQuarrie Group against future Premier League revenue, he also has what for the Championship will be a large wage bill, if fan income is again reduced which is a strong possibility what do fans of the club feel the direction the club will take financially in the coming season and should they be worried?

Four  things. 

1. All the Blades fans out there are deeply touched by an Owls fan's concern for for our finances, we really are but everything is in order.  Accounts will be signed off, as they are every year, (not for us a points deduction like some clubs), players will be paid on time, (again, not like some clubs),  & financial payments will be met.  

The Championship, like the Premiership, are the two most financially attractive leagues in English football, unlike the lower leagues where nobody is really interested in investing or advertising, etc.  Ai feel for clubs, outside the top two divisions & their fans, trying to come to terms of kicking around in the lower divisions. 

2. You might not have noticed but its a lot easier to get back into the Premiership from the Championship than say one of the lower football leagues like Division 1?

3. "Money will be even tighter for United."  Not compared with say a team who has severe financial problems & let's say play in Division 1.

4.  I'm thinking of starting a new thread called "Which part of Sheffield will SWFC be playing in, in 5 years time?" 

Edited by Baron99

8 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Four  things. 

1. All the Blades fans out there are deeply touched by an Owls fan's concern for for our finances, we really are but everything is in order.  Accounts will be signed off, as they are every year, (not for us a points deduction like some clubs), players will be paid on time, (again, not like some clubs),  & financial payments will be met.  

The Championship, like the Premiership, are the two most financially attractive leagues in English football, unlike the lower leagues where nobody is really interested in investing or advertising, etc.  Ai feel for clubs, outside the top two divisions & their fans, trying to come to terms of kicking around in the lower divisions. 

2. You might not have noticed but its a lot easier to get back into the Premiership from the Championship than say one of the lower football leagues like Division 1?

3. "Money will be even tighter for United."  Not compared with say a team who has severe financial problems & let's say play in Division 1.

4.  I'm thinking of starting a new thread called "Which part of Sheffield will SWFC be playing in, in 5 years time?" 

Just to point out about your 2 quote,

If they've not noticed in 21 years they must have all been asleep.

9 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Four  things. 

Comparing everything to what happens at Hillsborough,doesnt make the issues go away or be non -existent.....🙄 

13 minutes ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

Comparing everything to what happens at Hillsborough,doesnt make the issues go away or be non -existent.....🙄 

Only you and yer Pal saying it's an issue.

Following on from my earlier post...here's more examples of bringing Wednesday into every situation ..😁

United may face financial issues....Yes but look at the state of Wednesday's finances...

United have had a dreadful season...Yes but look at Wednesday's dreadful season 47 years ago...

Have United played today...Yes but never mind that you're in League 1 

Come on Barnsley....Yes but look at how Wednesday have broke the rules

Well Done Daniel Jebbison.......He wasn't born the last time Wednesday scored in the top flight

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

Four  things. 

So you still can't answer the question, you've just compared to another club.

This is about the 7th time i've asked this an no one has come back with an answer, you can't be that confident in the situation. 🤣

1 hour ago, Alextopman said:

Only you and yer Pal saying it's an issue.

Top will just go on and on and on getting his parrot "brooker11" to repeat the same things. I think he thinks he will eventually wear you down if he keeps repeating it hence why I wanted him and his parrot to start their own thread.He believes if he irritates you then that means he is right (in his world).

Edit, to keep this thread on topic (ha ha some chance) NO I'm not worried!!!!  There I've answered you.

Edited by monzaman

1 hour ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

Following on from my earlier post...here's more examples of bringing Wednesday into every situation ..😁

United may face financial issues....Yes but look at the state of Wednesday's finances...

United have had a dreadful season...Yes but look at Wednesday's dreadful season 47 years ago...

Have United played today...Yes but never mind that you're in League 1 

Come on Barnsley....Yes but look at how Wednesday have broke the rules

Well Done Daniel Jebbison.......He wasn't born the last time Wednesday scored in the top flight

Hurting you isn't it?.

A few more posts later, still no answers to the topic raised, just digs at SWFC and its fans 🤣

3 minutes ago, top4718 said:

A few more posts later, still no answers to the topic raised, just digs at SWFC and its fans 🤣

Pahahaha, another one calling Blades posts digs but his are banter or arguments. Big fail Top Lad .

Wycombe though 

Edited by Alextopman

Just now, Alextopman said:

Pahahaha, another one calling Blades posts digs but his are banter or arguments. Big fail Top Lad .

Like I said before call them what you like, if it's not personal it doesn't matter.

So to ask again - can SUFC pay a mortgage, a loan and an £80m + a year wage bill if crowd reductions are still in place in the coming season?