Teamsport Go Karting, Tinsley Industrial Estate

Some people might just like applying for unsuitable jobs?   

We don't know what role the interview was for...but if it was for track marshals you are going to need  to have a radio to communicate with other staff...quick reactions and eyes in the back of your head.

Edited by MuteWitness

On 17/05/2021 at 14:34, Mr Allen said:

Above.

I just got back from an interview for a job there, I don't think I'll get the job because I had to declare my disabilities and the fact I would have to work round my carers! If it's a direct no because of the disability issues, could I legally challenge them under the Equality Act 2010? I've spent the last nearly 11 years saying that Act has no teeth because the useless cretins who run the Country don't and never will enforce it! :loopy:  :rant:

They said to expect an email or phone call sometime this week.

Don't hold your breath , my grandson had an interview 2/3 weeks ago and is still waiting for a reply.

So I rang them this afternoon, on the main number, and they said they could still get back to me before the end of the week and it was only Wednesday! Well thank you Mrs stating the flippin' obvious! :loopy: 

1 hour ago, Mr Allen said:

So I rang them this afternoon, on the main number, and they said they could still get back to me before the end of the week and it was only Wednesday! Well thank you Mrs stating the flippin' obvious! :loopy: 

They could still be interviewing. 

From the description of the job and your attitude that comes across on here, if it were me making the decision, your attitude and upfront demands of pretty much working whenever YOU see fit rather than the business needs, then it'd be a straight no.  They told you by the end of the week yet you go out of your way to harang them for an answer.  I wouldn't have been so polite on that call and told you it's a no. 

And before you go spouting that I don't know what it's like trying to find employment with a disability that can have serious disruption to availability. Yes I do. 

15 hours ago, Mr Allen said:

Why are you slagging off a potential future employer in an open forum. Completely inappropriate.

4 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

Why are you slagging off a potential future employer in an open forum. Completely inappropriate.

I'm bored section...." What's knocked your duck of today"  post 1448.

Nice bit of slagging off..

4 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

To be honest I didn't rate the whole interview, I declared my disability issues and that I can only work 16 hours a week, including weekends if required, and they weren't very forthcoming, I believe it'll be a no but I could be pleasantly surprised, I'm remaining optimistic which isn't normally in my nature.

If anyone from there has read this website I wouldnt be optimistic at all.

10 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

If anyone from there has read this website I wouldnt be optimistic at all.

Hmmm... :huh:

... that is very true.

But on the plus side... it's probably made a few more of us aware that the place even exists.

No such thing as bad publicity, so some people say... just think of the brownie points they would now get if they were to offer Mr Allen the job... :)

13 minutes ago, Mr Allen said:

To be honest I didn't rate the whole interview, I declared my disability issues and that I can only work 16 hours a week, including weekends if required, and they weren't very forthcoming, I believe it'll be a no but I could be pleasantly surprised, I'm remaining optimistic which isn't normally in my nature.

You need to take on board the point being raised by the other posters. You may not have rated the whole interview process but that's entirely your own private business.

Naming and shaming your potential employer on this forum and making seemingly negative comments about them in public is certainly not going to help your chances.

34 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

You need to take on board the point being raised by the other posters. You may not have rated the whole interview process but that's entirely your own private business.

Naming and shaming your potential employer on this forum and making seemingly negative comments about them in public is certainly not going to help your chances.

I agree. Just chill a bit and try to be patient matey 👍

19 hours ago, Resident said:

They could still be interviewing. 

From the description of the job and your attitude that comes across on here, if it were me making the decision, your attitude and upfront demands of pretty much working whenever YOU see fit rather than the business needs, then it'd be a straight no.  They told you by the end of the week yet you go out of your way to harang them for an answer.  I wouldn't have been so polite on that call and told you it's a no. 

And before you go spouting that I don't know what it's like trying to find employment with a disability that can have serious disruption to availability. Yes I do. 

I did NOT "harang" them, I made 1 call, 2 full days later.