2 hours ago, Mr Allen said:

A rise of a quid a Pint and you're complaining?  Tight much?! :lol: :loopy: 

From the man who posted this

Well seeing as I refuse on principle to pay more than £12 for a round (of about 4 to 5 people) I'd definitely be avoiding the Abbey

Yep old Humphrey Smith raised the cost of a pint by a quid when his pubs  opened last year,  a pound a pint is a big increase, you can understand people thinking they are taking the mick.

Hes a bit mad with no phones, ect.

14 hours ago, Cade Foster said:

Yep old Humphrey Smith raised the cost of a pint by a quid when his pubs  opened last year,  a pound a pint is a big increase, you can understand people thinking they are taking the mick.

Hes a bit mad with no phones, ect.

Except when he wants to use a mobile. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7874799/Sam-Smiths-boss-spotted-staring-mobile-Wetherspoons-despite-BANNING-phones-pubs.html

He's definitely an eccentric. 

Anyone know if the Old Mother Red Cap at Bradway is open?   I know it closed well before the pandemic hit due to not having a manager. 

Edited by Baron99

On 19/05/2021 at 05:44, Baron99 said:

Except when he wants to use a mobile. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7874799/Sam-Smiths-boss-spotted-staring-mobile-Wetherspoons-despite-BANNING-phones-pubs.html

He's definitely an eccentric. 

Anyone know if the Old Mother Red Cap at Bradway is open?   I know it closed well before the pandemic hit due to not having a manager. 

Redcap still closed and still has the job advert in the window.

No one is daft enough to work for Sam Smiths I suspect.

5 hours ago, Andy C said:

Redcap still closed and still has the job advert in the window.

No one is daft enough to work for Sam Smiths I suspect.

Shame.  Liked the pub.  Cheers for the info. 

I understand why anyone would be a bit miffed if the cost of a pint went up from £2.20 to £3 .20, but either of those prices would still be a luxury for me.  I live in London, where the price of a pint is usually about £6,00 -6.50  in most local pubs and often over £7.00 if you opt for one of the craft beers.  Even the Wetherspoon's pubs charge a fiver or more for a pint of their (usually rubbish) beer.

And don't even get me started on what pubs charge for a glass of bog standard wine! I went to a pub in Clapham last summer when the lockdown was relaxed and they wanted £7.20 for a pint of beer and £9 for a medium sized glass of dry white wine. Nine quid- for a glass of Chardonnay!!  Now that really is daylight robbery!  My mate and I left the pub in shock, bought a couple of beers and a bottle of wine in a nearby Tesco's and sat drinking it in the park, like a pair of  old winos. 

Edited by FIRETHORN1
typos

About 5 years ago I was in The Place in Broomhill for work's Christmas do, that's a student pub and it was £4 a Pint! I was like, Pardon?! :rant: 

Also, I was in that American Bar next to the City Hall Tram stop on West St last year, cost me 2 and half quid for a HALF! Eh?!

And they wonder why Town's usually dead on a Friday and Saturday night? :loopy: 

Edited by Mr Allen
More detail.

3 hours ago, Padders said:

How much do they charge for a Cheese and Ham sandwich ?

Naughty, naughty

7 hours ago, FIRETHORN1 said:

My mate and I left the pub in shock, bought a couple of beers and a bottle of wine in a nearby Tesco's and sat drinking it in the park, like a pair of  old winos. 

Oh that was funny.  As long as you enjoyed it that’s the main thing.

They were open last Friday night when I passed. Also, a few people on the front drinking.

On 21/05/2021 at 19:16, hackey lad said:

Naughty, naughty

I reported "Padders" last night for trolling, don't worry, ain't been a Mod on here all week.