Evening all been round town and notice brown bear don't look as thougb its reopening for tomorrow it's not shut down as it any info cheers 

no idea, i seem to think it's quite small and doesn't have an outside. with the numbers who can currently go into such a place it might not be worth opening. 

Yes, I think quite a few pubs won't find it worthwhile opening at present.

If places were reopening you would think they would be shouting from the rooftop, wouldnt you? Not quite.....I have a restaurant on Facebook and not been a peep out of them since late October when they had to shut, sent them a message on Wednesday asking if they were reopening today, took them 2 days to reply to tell me yes and as of this morning they still havent posted anything publicly on FB to say they are reopening.

Do you actually want the business, lads? 🤔

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

If places were reopening you would think they would be shouting from the rooftop, wouldnt you? Not quite.....I have a restaurant on Facebook and not been a peep out of them since late October when they had to shut, sent them a message on Wednesday asking if they were reopening today, took them 2 days to reply to tell me yes and as of this morning they still havent posted anything publicly on FB to say they are reopening.

Do you actually want the business, lads? 🤔

They could be taking the view that their regular customer will ask, and they don't want the crowd of "we can go out for a meal now so we're going" displacing their regulars.

Maybe.  Dont really think places can afford to be choosy, especially as said place still has availability for this evening when they will be operating a reduced capacity anyway.

Stopped going in since they hiked their prices up just before the last lockdown. Our round went up from 4.40 to 6 40, a rise of a pound a pint. Had a word with the manager and he said nothing he could do so told him he had lost us permanently.

Just passed the Brown Bear, doors open, but not sure if it was open open.

17 hours ago, olilew said:

Stopped going in since they hiked their prices up just before the last lockdown. Our round went up from 4.40 to 6 40, a rise of a pound a pint. Had a word with the manager and he said nothing he could do so told him he had lost us permanently.

A rise of a quid a Pint and you're complaining?  Tight much?! :lol: :loopy: 

10 minutes ago, Mr Allen said:

A rise of a quid a Pint and you're complaining?  Tight much?! :lol: :loopy: 

You think a rise of £2.20 to £3.20  (nearly 50%) for a pint in one go is acceptable?

Lets put it a different way....   

Imagine if this had gone from £33 up to £50 overnight.

Edited by HeHasRisen

48 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

You think a rise of £2.20 to £3.20  (nearly 50%) for a pint in one go is acceptable?

Lets put it a different way....   

Imagine if this had gone from £33 up to £50 overnight.

£50 a a Batman suit? No I wouldn't have paid it, I've seen "Grand Heritage" ones on there for about £320, and as great as they look, Dad would disown me if I paid that much for a suit I'd wear about 4 times a year.

1 hour ago, Mr Allen said:

£50 a a Batman suit? No I wouldn't have paid it, I've seen "Grand Heritage" ones on there for about £320, and as great as they look, Dad would disown me if I paid that much for a suit I'd wear about 4 times a year.

You're right. That looks cool.. 

https://escapade.co.uk/products/batman-grand-heritage-costume-56309?variant=31245416267810