Sign in to follow this  

Affordable Sony Digital Camera? sub £100?

Above.

Under normal circumstances I would refuse to buy anything from Sony, but my research tells me their cameras have had good reviews and stuff, I've seen some on CEX and PC World but the cheapest is £110.

Would anyone know anywhere other than eBay where I could get a good one slightly cheaper?

The camera would be to take to Comic Cons and hopefully shows at the City Hall and Arena, and also hopefully Martial arts competitions for filming (so needs a good zoom, no filming round the ring allowed)

Can anyone help? And don't just tell me to Google and/or look on eBay, I have done.

2 hours ago, Mr Allen said:

Above.

Under normal circumstances I would refuse to buy anything from Sony, but my research tells me their cameras have had good reviews and stuff, I've seen some on CEX and PC World but the cheapest is £110.

Would anyone know anywhere other than eBay where I could get a good one slightly cheaper?

The camera would be to take to Comic Cons and hopefully shows at the City Hall and Arena, and also hopefully Martial arts competitions for filming (so needs a good zoom, no filming round the ring allowed)

Can anyone help? And don't just tell me to Google and/or look on eBay, I have done.

Really?  That's unusual. I attend all my daughters events, film them and take pictures. 

21 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Really?  That's unusual. I attend all my daughters events, film them and take pictures. 

If you don't mind me asking is your daughter under 16? That's usually the reason they ask us not to film round the ring, so that we're not filming kids!

33 minutes ago, Mr Allen said:

If you don't mind me asking is your daughter under 16? That's usually the reason they ask us not to film round the ring, so that we're not filming kids!

I don't mind at all. She's just 17 now but ive been taking her to events, filming and photographing them since she was just 13 and 3 weeks old. Never had a single issue. She has fought in a ring, cages, mats all over the country and  there are always younger kids doing their thing in view of the camera but I just film away. Well I say theres always younger kids around, thats apart from when shes at an event where its one fight at a time ( when that's the case I only film her and her team mates) but still ive never had an issue.

What martial arts/organization is it you are connected with? Maybe they have their own rules that others dont have?

11 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I don't mind at all. She's just 17 now but ive been taking her to events, filming and photographing them since she was just 13 and 3 weeks old. Never had a single issue. She has fought in a ring, cages, mats all over the country and  there are always younger kids doing their thing in view of the camera but I just film away. Well I say theres always younger kids around, thats apart from when shes at an event where its one fight at a time ( when that's the case I only film her and her team mates) but still ive never had an issue.

What martial arts/organization is it you are connected with? Maybe they have their own rules that others dont have?

I can't tell you the name of my Club without express permission off Sir, but it's affiliated to the TAGB (Taekwondo Association of Great Britain)

Edited by Mr Allen
Adding link to info

9 minutes ago, Mr Allen said:

I can't tell you the name of my Club without express permission off Sir, but it's affiliated to the TAGB (Taekwondo Association of Great Britain)

Ah, TAGB, well I have a reasonable idea which that could be but I totally get you have to ask permission before divulging anything. It makes sense.

As for the TAGB im not sure if they have any special guidelines or would insist affiliates have extra rules or anything but if they do then I cant fault them really. With everything being accessible online these days some parents could be twitchy about having their kids plastered all over cyber space.