Sign in to follow this  

Media Player Advice

Hi all. I have a large collection of short clips and videos that I want to play on a TV from a memory stick but the issue is some of the clips are oriented incorrectly when played on the TV. They play fine on the pc. They also play fine when using the xbox so I'm guessing I need some kind of media player to save the hassle of re-orienting them. 

I've seen loads online but I'm a bit stuck as to weather they are really any good. 

Can anyone recommend a decent cheap media player that plays content straight from a USB stick? 

Cheers for reading 👍

What make is  your telly? Have a look on their website for any device that will do what you want! :D 

13 minutes ago, Mr Allen said:

What make is  your telly? Have a look on their website for any device that will do what you want! :D 

I tried it on two, a sharp and a Sony and both do the same weird thing. I've looked in the instructions but found nothing helpful unfortunately 

It'll no doubt be something to do with the meta data in the files. What format are they? mkv, mp4?

As for media players, I have two Vero 4K+ for watching all my local stuff, never missed a beat.

20 hours ago, probedb said:

It'll no doubt be something to do with the meta data in the files. What format are they? mkv, mp4?

As for media players, I have two Vero 4K+ for watching all my local stuff, never missed a beat.

Hi probedb, thanks for your reply. The files are in both 3GP and MP4 (both taken from either my phone or sent from another). The odd thing is that some mp4 work correctly and some are orientated the wrong way ditto for the 3gp.

Ill have a look at the Vero 4k+.

Thanks for that., 

Posted (edited)

Most modern DVD players should take MP4 files, up to about this time last year I had a Blu Ray player that did, then I sold it on eBay for £33 (and it sold within 30 seconds of putting it on there :D )

@The_DADDY Check your inbox, I just sent you a PM about the Doctor Who DVDs I mentioned yesterday.

Edited by Mr Allen
More detail.

The T95 Android box is pretty decent.  I planned to get one when my old M8S+ gives up the ghost. But 5 years on it still works perfectly!

The orientation is a flag in the meta data and sometimes media players get it wrong, either that or they just ignore it which is why sometimes it's wrong. Is there anything common about the incorrect ones? Is it playing the portrait ones in landscape for example?