The Fa Cup.

Today is cup day ,the day we of a certain age looked forward to more than any other togga match , Sheffield  has a miserable record at this event over recent years  with only the Owls appearances keeping the flag flying , even though we have to go back to 1993 for the last one when they lost to Arsenal after a replay , the more recent before that was  in 1966 when they lost a classic to Everton .  Although  our City has had a cup win that being what some call the Micky Mouse cup in  1991 our city 's record  in the event is dismal  so today's final leaves us with a bit of interest as Leicester have one of our own lads in their team  James Vardy  so come on  Jim do us proud and score the winner.

I luv the fa cup always will and the League cup a cups a cup whatever it is ..

One thing l would do when every season ends the top six in the premier shouldn't be allowed in league cup.

All there interested in is the champions League more Dosh for the club's...

Any club  in lower premier championship would luv to win the league cup..

And a chance to play in Europe but of course it wouldn't happen...

Cmon Leicester 👍👍👍

I do hope Leicester win.! Jamie Vardy is a Yorkshire lad and their main striker. They are the underdogs but can do it with Jamie.!

would not call our 1991 cup win easy,we beat a good man utd side,good game and we had a great celebration after,many other wednesday visits were not so good,but good to stuff man utd that day

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

would not call our 1991 cup win easy,we beat a good man utd side,good game and we had a great celebration after,many other wednesday visits were not so good,but good to stuff man utd that day

I know it was a Good win , but I have heard others refer to it as The Micky mouse cup , as my comment on original post .

7 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Today is cup day ,the day we of a certain age looked forward to more than any other togga match , Sheffield  has a miserable record at this event over recent years  with only the Owls appearances keeping the flag flying , even though we have to go back to 1993 for the last one when they lost to Arsenal after a replay , the more recent before that was  in 1966 when they lost a classic to Everton .  Although  our City has had a cup win that being what some call the Micky Mouse cup in  1991 our city 's record  in the event is dismal  so today's final leaves us with a bit of interest as Leicester have one of our own lads in their team  James Vardy  so come on  Jim do us proud and score the winner.

Well the Blades have had 4 attempts to get into the final since 1993 but of course, we fell at the final hurdle. 

Not a great game today but it was a great goal & a couple of crucial saves from Schmeichel.  I'm glad Leicester won. 

Edited by Baron99

Good win for Leicester  ,a  example of how to manage and own a football  club , makes a change  from the so called big  6 winning every thing . A medal for Sheffields own Jamey Vardy  is iceing  on the cake  locally ..

It was good to see the delight on the Leicester players and fans at the end of the game, thats what you dream about in football not where you finish in the overrated Premier League, great stuff.

The success of the EPL has come at a cost to the FA Cup, its no longer the competition it once was.

i can recall in my formative years watching football, that on 3rd round day, almost every club was more or less guaranteed a full house,even the lower division clubs and the monday draw for the next round was eagerly anticipated via a radio.

I still love the competition and watch some of the games that  are televised online, but its not got the romance it once had, a 5.15 final and no replays, I watched all the Arsenal game under big Jack, trekking first to london and then Leicester in that vain hope of taking out a big scalp.Sadly that wouldnt happen today as the greedy clubs want to save their best players for more lucrative games in europe or premier points.

Edited by staninoodle

23 hours ago, cuttsie said:

22 hours ago, Mooks said:

I luv the fa cup always will and the League cup a cups a cup whatever it is ..

One thing l would do when every season ends the top six in the premier shouldn't be allowed in league cup.

All there interested in is the champions League more Dosh for the club's...

Any club  in lower premier championship would luv to win the league cup..

And a chance to play in Europe but of course it wouldn't happen...

Cmon Leicester 👍👍👍

👍and 👍It's still a great competition.

I'm sorry and sad that the so called 'Big 6' didn't bog off to Europe. I hope it still happens.

Well done Leicester, great result,  great goal and 2 impressive saves.

I can't get used to these cack handed thumbs up.

Can't something be done about it?

Edited by Hotmale 1954