Jack Hunt Return To Swfc?

I think the 'Bouncing' was massacred that day.

Sad to think of being a Blade for over 55 years and the level of success we have enjoyed (or not),  that day was one of my best. 

4 hours ago, abbeyedges said:

Not sure about the war years but there was certainly a 1951 result of Blades 7 Owls 3. 

Correct. Owls were champions with 100 goals (Dooley 46).

if i recall correctly was not  the great dooley our highest ever in one season goal scorer?my father always said when he had the ball and ran ,it was magic,down went the oppsition players like skittles and often him,the full back,the goalkeeper and the ball ,all in the net,pity we cannot play like that these days,you only have to blow at a player and its a free kick.

Dooley would make sure 'early doors' he gave the goalie some stick. It put the keeper on edge for the rest of the match always keeping an eye open for Dooley whenever the ball came near him.

Early mind games. 

12 hours ago, abbeyedges said:

I think the 'Bouncing' was massacred that day.

Sad to think of being a Blade for over 55 years and the level of success we have enjoyed (or not),  that day was one of my best. 

Sad state of Sheffield football bud, no major trophy in 80 odd years.

My next door neighbours a scouser and he loves to rip us both to bits, us especially,hes been allover the world to watch his team.

Kid i grew up with has a man utd season ticket,had to wait for someone to die to get it, hes the same,theyre brought up on winning trophies.

But you only have to look to Leicester to see its achievable if you have the ambition and get the all important recruitment bit right you can compete, west ham could be the next to break into the top 6.