The New Look Fitzalan Square

3 minutes ago, Mr Allen said:

The top of Fargate is still full of Gouranga monks and clipboard wielding "Market researchers", at least it was the last time I ventured down there :D (which was about 15-16 months ago admittedly)

Vaping, like smoking in general, should be illegal IMO, it's not as unhealthy as actual smoking but it's still bad for you.. And no, I don't, I have friends who do :(  :loopy:

On your first point, I've not seen the 'monks', although I haven't been down to town (apart from 2/3 essential trips) for a looong time, and the market research types just get walked past - did a couple of their 'surveys' a few years ago and wondered why I'd wasted time.

On your second point, I'll have to disagree - partly - as I'm an ex-smoker, but still vape.

Guest busdriver1
5 hours ago, RollingJ said:

On your first point, I've not seen the 'monks', although I haven't been down to town (apart from 2/3 essential trips) for a looong time, and the market research types just get walked past - did a couple of their 'surveys' a few years ago and wondered why I'd wasted time.

On your second point, I'll have to disagree - partly - as I'm an ex-smoker, but still vape.

It is established that vaping is at least 95% safer than smoking fags.  

Just now, busdriver1 said:

It is established that vaping is at least 95% safer than smoking fags.  

I'm aware of that, thanks, I was just wondering about @Mr Allen's reasoning. No offence.

Superheroes don't vape.

Never saw superman lighting up

Or Batman huffing glue

2 minutes ago, butlers said:

Superheroes don't vape.

Or Batman huffing glue

:lol: 

You've seen my cosplay thread then? :D 

However, @The_DADDY I'm anti-smoking in ALL its forms mate.

Edited by Mr Allen
More detail.

5 minutes ago, butlers said:

Superheroes don't vape.

Or Batman huffing glue

What in blue blazes do comic figures have to do with real life, or do you think they are real? 😂

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

What in blue blazes do comic figures have to do with real life, or do you think they are real? 😂

See my Superhero cosplay topic in general discussion mate! :D 

Link ?- which I may have a look at tomorrow morning - if I can be bothered.

Wandered thru the Square today.

Excellent job done.

The cut through past Esperanto Place always felt grubby ,much more open now.

Cafes both had fair bit of custom too.

Just need to get rid of the last bookies and the pawnbroker, and do something about the vile little scrotes who seem to have occupied the subway and steps leading down from it - pretty intimidating bunch and I bet they aren't shy of violence. An aggressive "Y' lookin' at, fam?" if you catch their eye, as if you've insulted them in some way just by looking.  Be interesting to see what's in their pockets.

Then there's the corned-beef faced alcoholics outside the Shop and Save on Arundel Gate.  Less of a threat than the teen scrotes perhaps but equally unpleasant, and far smellier.