Lner Apologises After Staff Said 'Good Afternoon Ladies And Gentlemen'

I've always found it easier to say "na then your lot".

7 hours ago, Longcol said:

I've always found it easier to say "na then your lot".

Manners @Longcol, manners.😀

The solution is easy. 

There are 2 genders & 98+ mental disorders.

The easy way to tell is to do the following:

Look in your underpants, if there's a peni you're male, if not then you're a female. 

Unless you're mrs is Loretta Bobbit....

2 minutes ago, Resident said:

The solution is easy. 

There are 2 genders & 98+ mental disorders.

The easy way to tell is to do the following:

Look in your underpants, if there's a peni you're male, if not then you're a female. 

Unless you're mrs is Loretta Bobbit....

🤣🤣

I can remember when some people were freaking out, saying "what, you can't say 'fireman' or 'postman' anymore? We'll have to say 'firefighter' and 'postal worker'? It's political correctness gone mad!"

And then 98% of us just adapted because it was a piece of pish and didn't affect us negatively in any way at all.

Edited by Delbow

15 hours ago, Mr Allen said:

Just like the BBC banning the "Germans" episode of Fawlty Towers last year (see my topic) this is PC gone mad IMO! :loopy:

Pandering to the lefty Guardian readers who get all offended about every little thing!

I'm as left as you can get, but I agree with you.

I'm offended by how easily some are offended!

What a state the country is in.

The saving Grace is however, very little of modern life is real life.

Huge swathes of people live their life in CGI bubbles. They've very little knowledge of the outside world (as in Covid deniers, anti maskers, anti vaxxers) and if the online Murdoch Press and oddball Youtube channels promote namby pambyism, then away they go.

And yes, The Guardian too.

If things can't be done in 20 years time by pressing a button, then they won't get done.

I'll be glad when I'm on my deathbed to be honest,

I can't imagine what 2050 will look like. 

The thing which really saddens me is how his actions have made the world a little more transphobic today.

Its hard to have sympathy when trans people say they're "scared", "upset" or "affected" by phrases like this.  One on Twitter even said they were "traumatised".

Just remember that for every Laurence who's offended and acts like a jerk, there's a thousand trans people who aren't bothered or triggered.

The daft thing is that Laurence himself used the phrase "ladies and gentlemen" on a tweet he made:

E1QiyliX0AIG5MT?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by alchresearch

4 hours ago, Delbow said:

I can remember when some people were freaking out, saying "what, you can't say 'fireman' or 'postman' anymore? We'll have to say 'firefighter' and 'postal worker'? It's political correctness gone mad!"

And then 98% of us just adapted because it was a piece of pish and didn't affect us negatively in any way at all.

How often do you hear the word actress these days, they always say actor never actress. 

59 minutes ago, iansheff said:

How often do you hear the word actress these days, they always say actor never actress. 

How often do you hear the words authoress or doctress?

Edited by Arnold_Lane

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

The thing which really saddens me is how his actions have made the world a little more transphobic today.

Its hard to have sympathy when trans people say they're "scared", "upset" or "affected" by phrases like this.  One on Twitter even said they were "traumatised".

Just remember that for every Laurence who's offended and acts like a jerk, there's a thousand trans people who aren't bothered or triggered.

The daft thing is that Laurence himself used the phrase "ladies and gentlemen" on a tweet he made:

E1QiyliX0AIG5MT?format=jpg&name=large

Seems like he could be a bit of a trouble causer out to make a name for himself?

13 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Seems like he could be a bit of a trouble causer out to make a name for himself?

Quite sure the Union will have had a quiet word with him for throwing one of their other members under the bus.

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Quite sure the Union will have had a quiet word with him for throwing one of their other members under the bus.

I hope the union have spoken to him. Knock him down a peg or two.