Sign in to follow this  

Scanner Problems Windows 10 Laptop And Chrome Os Desktop

Above.

I'm in the process of sending in an assignment for my maths course at Matrec, which I've just printed out and completed in pen to show working out and that. I'm now trying to scan the pages to send in to the tutor by email, and Dad's scanner on his Windows 10 Laptop does not work.

It also, like most things, does not work on my Chrome OS Desktop.

HELP!

25 minutes ago, Mr Allen said:

Above.

I'm in the process of sending in an assignment for my maths course at Matrec, which I've just printed out and completed in pen to show working out and that. I'm now trying to scan the pages to send in to the tutor by email, and Dad's scanner on his Windows 10 Laptop does not work.

It also, like most things, does not work on my Chrome OS Desktop.

HELP!

@Mr Allencan you explain what your dads scanner problem is? can he print from the laptop? I'm afraid I know very little about W10 - nor do I want to after my initial experiences with it. 😀

Can you not get a scanner app on your mobile phone, and transfer the results to your machine - I don't know, because I have never used a Chrome laptop, but again, I understand they are somewhat lacking in functionality.

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

@Mr Allencan you explain what your dads scanner problem is? can he print from the laptop? I'm afraid I know very little about W10 - nor do I want to after my initial experiences with it. 😀

Can you not get a scanner app on your mobile phone, and transfer the results to your machine - I don't know, because I have never used a Chrome laptop, but again, I understand they are somewhat lacking in functionality.

That might be an option.

I'll have a look.

Windows 10 seems fairly forgiving with scanners as long as the right drivers are on. Despite another quick dig at Windows 10 by RollingJ 😉

Although my scanner works OK, I've found the tip above using the mobile phone camera is good for hand written forms, either with an app, or just taken a photo. It might be worth asking your tutor if a photo (jpeg, png) would be OK. I've used it on government forms and they were OK with it.

Give us a shout if you still have problems after trying the above.

Just now, zach said:

Windows 10 seems fairly forgiving with scanners as long as the right drivers are on. Despite another quick dig at Windows 10 by RollingJ 😉

Although my scanner works OK, I've found the tip above using the mobile phone camera is good for hand written forms, either with an app, or just taken a photo. It might be worth asking your tutor if a photo (jpeg, png) would be OK. I've used it on government forms and they were OK with it.

Cheers lad :D 

I have the assignment printed out and filled in in pen so we're going to drop it off at Prince of Wales Road on the way back to the Flat tonight (odd seeing as I live in Netherthorpe and POW Road is on t'Manor but needs must)

1 minute ago, zach said:

Sorry @zach- it was too good a chance to miss, but I apologise. :wink:

Just now, Mr Allen said:

Cheers lad :D 

I have the assignment printed out and filled in in pen so we're going to drop it off at Prince of Wales Road on the way back to the Flat tonight (odd seeing as I live in Netherthorpe and POW Road is on t'Manor but needs must)

Fair enough mate,

Main thing is, it's sorted.

8 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Sorry @zach- it was too good a chance to miss, but I apologise. :wink:

I know, and no need to apologise for a bit of banter. I'll show you the ways of the wise...one day! 

I use all the main 3, so I don't really fall into the 'fanboy' category. Being honest, I find Windows works best for what I use on my network. Just a shame they can't make all programs and games etc, work on ALL operating systems...as in, Windows, Linux and macOS.

Sorry Mr Allen, I'm going off topic on your thread.

Back on topic...

Edited by zach