Are You On The Waiting List

According to the BBC  the waiting list for urgent surgery at our national health hospitals standing at over 436000 people  , some folk are waiting five years before they are seen to ,many die without ever getting the treatment that would have made their lives so much bearable in later  years . 

This leads to the question  ,  Does this list apply to all our citizens, does it apply to the Good and great of our Land , Royalty, MP's, as well as the rich and famous among us  ,if not then why , or is it one rule for them and one for the rest of us .

The "good and great" and "rich and famous" will go private and do it instead, just like any of us can choose to do if we wanted to pay.

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

The "good and great" and "rich and famous" will go private and do it instead, just like any of us can choose to do if we wanted to pay.

I wish I could afford to go private. My lad has had several procedures cancelled in the last year and as a result his quality of life terrible. 

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

I wish I could afford to go private. My lad has had several procedures cancelled in the last year and as a result his quality of life terrible. 

Yes and the biggest problem is that many surgeons make sure that the private patients are seen to immediately  , they then fill in the hospital waiting lists when  convenient , the system stinks .

9 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Yes and the biggest problem is that many surgeons make sure that the private patients are seen to immediately  , they then fill in the hospital waiting lists when  convenient , the system stinks .

Absolutely 👏

And people like my son have to make do with an appointment for a very painful condition with a gastroenterologist over the phone. Despite being in too much pain to talk the doc said "everything is fine". 

It's sad but a balance had to be made by the Government between "normal" HNS work and Covid measures.  We were initially told that over 85's and those with major health issues reducing their ability to fight Covid were by far the worst affected by Covid.  As a result, we'd have to shield them until we developed a vaccine.  Many operations were put off while Covid patients were treated.

The emphasis on Covid continued after the vaccine was out, and it still is a major push to vaccinate as many people as possible, well down the ages even down to schoolkids.  In the meantime, waiting lists for non-Covid major surgery have mushroomed as a result.

Was this the right thing to do?  Well, perhaps that's one for the future.  I certainly haven't heard a swell of public opinion saying "Don't vaccinate us under 50's - get the hospitals back to normal and get waiting lists down".

1 minute ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Was this the right thing to do?  Well, perhaps that's one for the future.  I certainly haven't heard a swell of public opinion saying "Don't vaccinate us under 50's - get the hospitals back to normal and get waiting lists down".

Why would people say that when there is the threat of "vaccine passports" hanging over all our heads? People are not going to refuse the jab if there is the slightest chance in the future it means they cant go abroad or go for a pint.

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

Why would people say that when there is the threat of "vaccine passports" hanging over all our heads? People are not going to refuse the jab if there is the slightest chance in the future it means they cant go abroad or go for a pint.

I'm 100% refusing the jab. I've had several cold calls from the nhs and my Gp asking me to book in for it but I've refused every time. 

Just now, The_DADDY said:

I'm 100% refusing the jab. I've had several cold calls from the nhs and my Gp asking me to book in for it but I've refused every time. 

And that is your choice, but in the future if it stops you from going abroad or even going to the pub, that is your cross to bear. 

Cant see the latter ever happening but whilst the threat is there, more people will have it than not.

Just now, HeHasRisen said:

And that is your choice, but in the future if it stops you from going abroad or even going to the pub, that is your cross to bear. 

Cant see the latter ever happening but whilst the threat is there, more people will have it than not.

Got to agree with that. 

56 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Don't forget to thank those who are protecting you by overcoming their worries and concerns and having the vaccination thereby reducing your chances of contracting the virus. 

My Parents and I have had both of our Vaccine jabs, first one was in early February. second one was 3 weeks today ago.

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

More fool you IMO, enjoy being stuck in and not being able to visit your local from next week because you ain't had either of your jabs!