23 minutes ago, West 77 said:

He was at a fish market where there were fridges.

Boris Johnson had no good reason to be interviewed by Andrew Neil because he was well ahead in the polls.

Except that he was the first minister running for public office who refused to be interviewed by Andrew Neil, when all the other party leaders had complied.

The obvious reason was that he knew his lies wouldn't stand up to Neil's forensic examination and he would be exposed before the general election for the liar he is. He  would no longer have been in front in the polls.

He knew full well he was spinning a pack of lies to the electorate, but this is presumably acceptable Tory behaviour, and nothing has ever been done about it.

Personally I think it ammounts to fraud.

Edited by Anna B

25 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Except that he was the first minister running for public office who refused to be interviewed by Andrew Neil, when all the other party leaders had complied.

The obvious reason was that he knew his lies wouldn't stand up to Neil's forensic examination and he would be exposed before the general election for the liar he is. He  would no longer have been in front in the polls.

He knew full well he was spinning a pack of lies to the electorate, but this is presumably acceptable Tory behaviour, and nothing has ever been done about it.

Personally I think it ammounts to fraud.

All rather amusing from a poster who has no respect for democracy,  The whole hiding in the fridge incident was a story invented by the media because individual journalists threw their toys out of the pram when Boris snubbed them.  Boris has always been a canny intelligent politician and chooses which journalists to give interviews to.  As I previously stated Boris had the luxury of being well ahead in the polls during the 2019 general election campaign with the main opposition party being led by an unelectable terrorist sympathiser whose name escapes me and didn't need to be interviewed by Andrew Neil to gain more support. Perhaps you can recall the name of the loser who led the Labour party at the last general election.

Edited by West 77

58 minutes ago, West 77 said:

All rather amusing from a poster who has no respect for democracy,  The whole hiding in the fridge incident was a story invented by the media because individual journalists threw their toys out of the pram when Boris snubbed them.  Boris has always been a canny intelligent politician and chooses which journalists to give interviews to.  As I previously stated Boris had the luxury of being well ahead in the polls during the 2019 general election campaign with the main opposition party being led by an unelectable terrorist sympathiser whose name escapes me and didn't need to be interviewed by Andrew Neil to gain more support. Perhaps you can recall the name of the loser who led the Labour party at the last general election.

As someone who wanted to be PM submitting himself to forensic interviewing is showing respect to the democratic process.

Even after the election Government ministers refuse to appear on news programmes because they don't like being questioned. 

I respect Johnson less for not submitting himself to such interviews, as a lot of people do. However why would that bother him when he has no respect for himself.

Oh and as for Corbyn being a terrorist sympathiser, just look at who Thatcher chose to cosy up to in her retirement, and whilst in office called him a true friend. She also viewed Nelson Mandela's ANC as a terrorist organisation, but not the state that was engaging in a brutal system of institutional terrorism.

You should look closer to home rather than casting the first stone

Edited by Mister M

Rumours abound that Ann Widdecombe is about to join the channel....and three of the current hosts (other than Andrew Neil) are about to jump ship.

13 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Rumours abound that Ann Widdecombe is about to join the channel....and three of the current hosts (other than Andrew Neil) are about to jump ship.

I'm sure that going to help ratings - are they still below Paw Patrol? 😂😂

In his first appearance since leaving the channel, Neil was asked by a Question Time audience member whether the recent resignations would lead GB News to become "a new British Fox News" - the US news channel popular with right-wing viewers.

The journalist said he had "always made it clear it wouldn't be a British Fox News", claiming the US channel "deals in untruths, it deals in conspiracy theories, and it deals in fake news".

He added: "That is not my kind of journalism and I would never have set out to do that."

But pressed on whether the comparison was why he left, Neil said: "I will let you draw your own conclusions as to why I am here tonight and not with GB News."

He added: "In the run-up to the launch, through the launch and in the aftermath of the launch and I think most of you who know anything about it will know you couldn't file the launch under startling success, more and more differences emerged between myself and the other senior managers and the board of GB News.

"And rather than these differences narrowing, they got wider and wider and I felt it was best that if that's the route they wanted to take then that's up to them, it's their money."

GB News: I became a minority of one, says Andrew Neil

Just spotted this on the t'interweb.  I might just decide to watch it.

https://www.indy100.com/news/gb-news-trolled-fake-names-b1867590

Wonder if its still happening?   Last time I saw it they had the former GMTV's  film premiere / general celebrity gossip columist, (the one who'd have a 'camp' chat with Lorraine Kelly on a daily basis), Dan Wooton trying to pretend to be a seasoned, heavyweight, political journalist. 

Edited by Baron99

Read yesterday Eamon Holmes is joining,that's going to make it gone better,wonder if he'll release the bank of mum and dad.

On 13/05/2021 at 13:12, Consheff said:

GB News coming soon! Station poped up after the Aljazeera news chanel on my TV. 

I think it's a much needed addition to our news viewing especially with the blatant bias reporting when we were going thru the brexit debate & vote transitions as well as other one sided views on reporting from the BBC sky news itv news 4 news they all pee in the same pot. 

I think it's pretty good. I usually watch in the evening. One or two of the presenters won't make the cut I think. The breakfast show isn't very good. The two presenters Kirsty Gallagher and Simon McCoy) don't seem to work. I think Simon should work on his own, he distracts her too much, she gets nervous and it looks awkward. My favourite is Mark Dolan. With Eamonn Holmes signing up they can't be struggling for cash. I'm glad Andrew Neal has left, he's a fake. It's rubbish that he left because he was worried about the direction. He left at the same time Murdoch said his new channel starts after Christmas. Neil is going there.

I consider the programmes that I watch are very good.

Michelle Dewsbury 6-7

Nigel Farage.               7-8

I wish Ann Widdecombe would join as she is  down to earth with reasonable views. 

They're doing just fine. Eamonn Holmes has jacked This Morning to go work there so it must be doing okay. Plus their social media has had a billion his already.

Don't watch much of it.

There's a couple if decent journalists on it.

However as soon as I turn on and that grinning ventriloquists dummy  Dan Wooten is on I immediately start counting until he says ,"woke" 

Was 4 seconds last night.