Yup, GB News have Tweeted about it. Everyone knew it was coming.

In addition, The Times is reporting "three senior producers quit within days of each other last week. They included Jamie McConkey, who had been producing Neil’s programme since launch, Sarah Weaver, a senior producer for presenters including Michelle Dewberry, and Joceline Sharman, a senior daytime producer."

Rats and a sinking ship....

Edited by HeHasRisen

6 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Yup, GB News have Tweeted about it. Everyone knew it was coming.

In addition, The Times is reporting "three senior producers quit within days of each other last week. They included Jamie McConkey, who had been producing Neil’s programme since launch, Sarah Weaver, a senior producer for presenters including Michelle Dewberry, and Joceline Sharman, a senior daytime producer."

Rats and a sinking ship....

Oh well, that's the free market for you.

oh dear, how sad, never mind!" - Sgt.Maj. Williams | Meme Generator

Hope Andrew Neil returns to mainstream TV. He's one of the best political interviewers around, very well informed and very good at holding politicians et al to account.

He's been missed. 

12 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Hope Andrew Neil returns to mainstream TV. He's one of the best political interviewers around, very well informed and very good at holding politicians et al to account.

He's been missed. 

He might well be good at interviewing politicians but he's most certainly the type of person you wouldn't like to be in the trenches with.

14 minutes ago, West 77 said:

He might well be good at interviewing politicians but he's most certainly the type of person you wouldn't like to be in the trenches with.

World War II ended over 75 years ago.

You really need to let go of things.

17 minutes ago, The Joker said:

World War II ended over 75 years ago.

You really need to let go of things.

I was thinking about World War I rather than World War II.  Shall we agree Andrew Neil is a coward?

On 29/07/2021 at 18:32, West 77 said:

Do you think the RNLI would be minted enough to pay their crew a hourly rate to operate their taxi service for illegal economic migrants going to the Kent coast rather than rely on volunteers who have to earn a living by doing paid other work?

I wonder If Nigel Farage will give the Albanian man a mention tonight who killed a pedestrian in London while riding a bike recklessly and failed to stop afterwards.  Just like the people coming to England in inflatable boats from France the Albanian man illegally entered the UK.

In the wake of  Emma Raducanu's sensational win at the US Open, Farage cheerily posted on social media:

"A global megastar is born. @EmmaRaducanu winning the US Open is truly incredible. 👏" / Twitter

Unfortunately Farage had his own words chucked back in his face when others reminded him of his previous comments about Romanians and not wanting to live next door to them. Gary Lineker's comment was very pithy:

"He won’t be able to afford to live next door to EmmaRaducanu so he needn’t worry."

Twitter reminds Nigel Farage about his remarks on Romanians after he hails Emma Raducanu as a ‘megastar’ | indy100

24 minutes ago, West 77 said:

What's been in the trenches got to do with anything???

Would you be any good in the trenches?

3 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I was thinking about World War I rather than World War II.  Shall we agree Andrew Neil is a coward?

Maybe he just doesn't want to be financially associated with GB News.  It's a ghastly little news station that's for swivel eyed reactionaries. Who'd want to be associated with it?

11 minutes ago, Mister M said:

In the wake of  Emma Raducanu's sensational win at the US Open, Farage cheerily posted on social media:

"A global megastar is born. @EmmaRaducanu winning the US Open is truly incredible. 👏" / Twitter

Unfortunately Farage had his own words chucked back in his face when others reminded him of his previous comments about Romanians and not wanting to live next door to them. Gary Lineker's comment was very pithy:

"He won’t be able to afford to live next door to EmmaRaducanu so he needn’t worry."

Twitter reminds Nigel Farage about his remarks on Romanians after he hails Emma Raducanu as a ‘megastar’ | indy100

What's been in the trenches got to do with anything???

Would you be any good in the trenches?

Why shouldn't Nigel Farage comment on the achievements of Emma Raducanu?

Yes I would have been an excellent team member in the trenches.

Edited by West 77

14 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I seem to remember Boris Johnson being scared of Andrew Neil.

Not long after he hid in a fridge.

2 minutes ago, sibon said:

I seem to remember Boris Johnson being scared of Andrew Neil.

Not long after he hid in a fridge.

He was at a fish market where there were fridges.

Boris Johnson had no good reason to be interviewed by Andrew Neil because he was well ahead in the polls.

3 minutes ago, West 77 said:

He was at a fish market where there were fridges.

Boris Johnson had no good reason to be interviewed by Andrew Neil because he was well ahead in the polls.

Running scared of a coward though.

And hiding in fridges.

23 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Maybe he just doesn't want to be financially associated with GB News.  It's a ghastly little news station that's for swivel eyed reactionaries. Who'd want to be associated with it?

Given Neil was one of the founders who set up the station and heavily promoted it... he clearly did want to be associated with it if it was successful.

I remember lots of big noises coming out of the Chief Gammon banging on about how different the shows would be, abour how they get into the 'real' issues that people want to hear about, being the voice of the Nation currently ignored by the mainstream media blah blah blah.

Less than a month ago said person was venomously defending all these rumours and gossips and speculations about him not returning.  Fully supporting the station and what it stood for

Just what exactly did the Moron think was going to happen when you start recruiting right wing, inexperienced or confrontational presenters and 24 hours of non stop talking and opinion without any actual news bulletins.

I think coward is a perfect choice of word for him.  He thought he was going to be Mr Big bringing the alternative and giving a real shake up to the mainstream platforms and fell on his backside.  Neil was happy to heavily criticise his former employers (despite the fact he made good money out of them for decades). Now his little pet project spectacularly failed and he doesn't even have the guts to admit it's gone wrong. Even now still making pathetic excuses that he is not walking fully away and will still be on screen occasionally. It's embarrassing.

I feel really sorry for the couple of legitimate journalists who followed Neil and we're talked into going to that shower.   McCoy has got to be next to ditch them.

Edited by ECCOnoob