5 hours ago, crookesey said:

I fear that anyone who perpetrates a despicable act like this has to be known to someone as being dangerous. This is where the hole digging  usually starts, the police aren’t looking for anyone so best to come out with the truth now, I’m 100% certain that had they known that there was a nutter with a loaded firearm within their midst they would have been down on him like a ton of bricks.

Well, he did have a firearms licence and a somewhat unhinged YouTube channel, so I guess that the clues were all there.

What a horrible thing though.

Posted (edited)

………………..

Edited by Mister Gee

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, crookesey said:

I fear that anyone who perpetrates a despicable act like this has to be known to someone as being dangerous. This is where the hole digging  usually starts, the police aren’t looking for anyone so best to come out with the truth now, I’m 100% certain that had they known that there was a nutter with a loaded firearm within their midst they would have been down on him like a ton of bricks.

It seems he was already known to the Police:

A gunman who killed his mother and four passersby, including a three-year-old girl, had his firearms licence revoked in December, but police reinstated it last month after he attended an anger management course.

Police will face an investigation over their dealings with Jake Davison, 22, who expressed sympathy for the “incel” movement and a keen interest in mass shootings. One resident from Plymouth, where the killing spree took place, said Davison’s family had sought treatment for his mental health issues.

Detectives are also facing questions over the decision to treat the attack – which was Britain’s worst mass shooting in over a decade – as a domestic incident rather than a terror attack. On Friday evening sources said the main motives under investigation were a hatred of women and mental heath issues.

Devon and Cornwall police suspended Davison’s firearms licence in December last year over concerns about his suitability to hold a weapon, but deemed him suitable to have his gun back last month. He had held a licence since 2018.

The Guardian understands Davison had to attend an anger management course to get his licence back, and months ago was classed by police as being fit again to possess the three-shot shotgun, despite earlier concerns

Plymouth shooting: police reinstated gunman’s firearms licence last month

Edited by The Joker

This tells me that the system is at fault, the person/s who deemed him suitable to possess a pump action shotgun are obviously not fit for purpose, and I must surmise that neither was the Devon & Cornwall police department that complied with it. I would further ask if the police officers who actually knew the killer were consulted over the reinstatement of his firearms certificate.

22 hours ago, crookesey said:

I dont know anyone that owns a gun, but I did think of someone when the personallity of this men was reported in the press.

On the autistic spectrum, posible violence when younger, a loner, obese and very little chance of female attention.

If he were to get onto one of these groups, it could easily re-enforce his bad traits; but who would let a towny/city dweller have a gun?

More and more young people are online, less contact with others and obese as a result.

44 minutes ago, El Cid said:

I dont know anyone that owns a gun, but I did think of someone when the personallity of this men was reported in the press.

On the autistic spectrum, posible violence when younger, a loner, obese and very little chance of female attention.

If he were to get onto one of these groups, it could easily re-enforce his bad traits; but who would let a towny/city dweller have a gun?

More and more young people are online, less contact with others and obese as a result.

I don’t see the difference in being shot by a town or city dweller.

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

Talking about being on the "...autistic spectrum..." at the same time as an act of extreme violent behaviour is totally wrong and shows a total misunderstanding of what is and goes with being on the autistic spectrum.

There is no more association between this kind of violence and me and you than there is with being on the 'autistic spectrum'. 

1 hour ago, crookesey said:

I don’t see the difference in being shot by a town or city dweller.

The question was 

1 hour ago, crookesey said:

but who would let a towny/city dweller have a gun?

37 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Talking about being on the "...autistic spectrum..." at the same time as an act of extreme violent behaviour is totally wrong and shows a total misunderstanding of what is and goes with being on the autistic spectrum.

There is no more association between this kind of violence and me and you than there is with being on the 'autistic spectrum'.

It is a reported charactoristic of this shooter, Google seems to say there is no link with autism. The gun was obviously the most important factor.

31 minutes ago, El Cid said:

The gun was obviously the most important factor.

The gun explains the how but not the why. I think the misogyny/incel thing is the most important factor.

Given that only one of his five victims was family member, who he argued with over his misogynist views, and his links to incel forums, I think this probably should be classed as terrorism. In the US, where they have had several incel motivated attacks, they class them as terrorism. The fact that we haven't had such an attack until now means we are behind the curve on this in terms of labelling it correctly.

3 hours ago, El Cid said:

I think you've just given any misogynist with violent tendencies umpteen excuses for killing people. "I'm autistic, I'm fat I'm not getting laid" - theres whole bunch of people like that and they dont kill strangers.

Hes a piece of **** terrorist who should have been on a watch list, and absolutely certainly shoukd not have had a shotgun. This isn't America!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Flanker7 said:

The question

2 hours ago, Flanker7 said:

The question was 

Just been looking at some of my son’s builders power tools, some of them make a shotgun look like a water pistol, how he manages to use them when on a ladder god only knows.

Edited by crookesey