Photo Id To Vote - Voter Suppression Or Election Fraud Prevention?

2 hours ago, RollingJ said:

I wonder which Labour Party supporters company was going to produce their variant?

It would have been a new public body, composed of various committees, working groups, think tanks and civil servants, to deliver some plastic cards five times the original cost and three years late with a well publicised IT failure along the way.

1 hour ago, the_bloke said:

It would have been a new public body, composed of various committees, working groups, think tanks and civil servants, to deliver some plastic cards five times the original cost and three years late with a well publicised IT failure along the way.

Sounds about right, and the only member of that conglomerate who knew anything about delivering it would be the cleaner.

21 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Envelope delivered to your house.

That is how we get get our polling cards, but they dont ask for your polling card before your vote.

That is because there isnt a problem with voter impersonation.

7 minutes ago, El Cid said:

That is how we get get our polling cards, but they dont ask for your polling card before your vote.

That is because there isnt a problem with voter impersonation.

Anyone can walk into a polling station and give a name and address and pretend to be them, the system is ripe for abuse tbh. 

2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Anyone can walk into a polling station and give a name and address and pretend to be them, the system is ripe for abuse tbh. 

Meh, I went and voted last Thursday, I didn't have my card on me, they accepted me (probably because I live literally across the road from the local Polling station in s3) and it'll be 15 years in August since I moved to the area.

Edited by Mr Allen
More detail.

6 minutes ago, Mr Allen said:

Meh, I went and voted last Thursday, I didn't have my card on me, they accepted me (probably because I live literally across the road from the local Polling station in s3)

Exactly the point. I could have walked in any polling station in the land and claimed to have been someone if I had their name and address, which lets be honest arent hard to find.

29 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Exactly the point. I could have walked in any polling station in the land and claimed to have been someone if I had their name and address, which lets be honest arent hard to find.

So why is the polling card not needed, change that, problem solved.

I think what with Covid reducing our freedoms and speculation about a hidden agenda, this is the wrong time to be considering this. We have always prided ourselves on our freedoms, but they are being eroded. Don't forget it's a lot easier to get legislation on the statute books, than it is to get it off it again later. 

This is what they think about voter ID in Scotland, she is a Conservative too.

Much ado about nothing springs to mind.

1 hour ago, apelike said:

Much ado about nothing springs to mind.

Really? 

You don't think your fundamental human rights are not important then?

Ever read Orwell's 1984?

8 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Really? 

You don't think your fundamental human rights are not important then?

Ever read Orwell's 1984?

As of now no one has proven that there has been any fundamental human rights changes other than speculation about not being able to have the correct ID on time. I don't recall me mentioning anything about it either. Even the independent Electoral Commission have recommended a system similar to what NI have. As those without any photo ID will be able to get some for free then yes it is much ado about nothing. People are looking for problems that simply don't exist.

Edited by apelike