Photo Id To Vote - Voter Suppression Or Election Fraud Prevention?

Just now, Thirsty Relic said:

I look forward to seeing footage of him eating his ID at the next election, should this daft idea get the go-ahead!  😀

He also said something about going on all fours and crawling on the floor of the Commons if something happened - can't remember if it was a border in the Irish Sea or something.

Load of BS, Like lots of things he said....

Just now, Mister M said:

He also said something about going on all fours and crawling on the floor of the Commons if something happened - can't remember if it was a border in the Irish Sea or something.

Load of BS, Like lots of things he said....

Laying down in front of bulldozers if they expand Heathrow airport?

Seems to be a pattern here..

Just now, butlers said:

Yea - the usual culprits turning every possible thread into an anti-Boris Johnson rant.

10 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

I look forward to seeing footage of him eating his ID at the next election, should this daft idea get the go-ahead!  😀

According to Wikipedia, Boris Johnson is about as English as the Leaning Tower of Pisa! He was born in the US but has lived over here most of his life so he identifies as English!

Edited by Mr Allen
Adding link to info

1 minute ago, butlers said:

And his working class voters love him for it apparently

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

Yea - the usual culprits turning every possible thread into an anti-Boris Johnson rant.

But you don't dispute the fact that he said this:

“If I am ever asked, on the streets of London, or in any other venue, public or private, to produce my ID card as evidence that I am who I say I am, when I have done nothing wrong and when I am simply ambling along and breathing God's fresh air like any other freeborn Englishman, then I will take that card out of my wallet and physically eat it in the presence of whatever emanation of the state has demanded that I produce it.”

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

But you don't dispute the fact that he said this:

“If I am ever asked, on the streets of London, or in any other venue, public or private, to produce my ID card as evidence that I am who I say I am, when I have done nothing wrong and when I am simply ambling along and breathing God's fresh air like any other freeborn Englishman, then I will take that card out of my wallet and physically eat it in the presence of whatever emanation of the state has demanded that I produce it.”

I haven't been asked to, and unlike some, I only answer a question if I'm directly asked.

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

I haven't been asked to, and unlike some, I only answer a question if I'm directly asked.

You were being directly asked

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

You were being directly asked

Obliquely - I saw no question mark (?) in your post.

23 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Apparently that is part of the plan:

"Under the scheme, anyone who does not have photographic ID will be able to apply for a free document proving their identity."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/voter-id-photo-uk-government-conservatives-queens-speech-elections-polling-a9154936.html

Of course, people who are against the idea of ID-cards (that Governments have been trying to get and people have rejected previously) won't be rushing to get them!

Good but will they still be happy to supply the free ID it will cost them a few million to it at a time we had a big economic hit? 

54 minutes ago, GabrielC said:

Good but will they still be happy to supply the free ID it will cost them a few million to it at a time we had a big economic hit? 

Will people be happy paying for these cards?  I won't, but then again I'll have no say in it.  No doubt cronies of the politicians will get contracts to supply them and make money out of it, as per PPE.  There will no doubt be some who have not got photo Id who think it is so important to them to vote that they'll apply for this free card, but I doubt there will be many of them.

For my part, I'll not be getting one of the free cards, so I'll simply be one of the millions who don't vote any more.

1 hour ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Will people be happy paying for these cards?  I won't, but then again I'll have no say in it.  No doubt cronies of the politicians will get contracts to supply them and make money out of it, as per PPE.  There will no doubt be some who have not got photo Id who think it is so important to them to vote that they'll apply for this free card, but I doubt there will be many of them.

For my part, I'll not be getting one of the free cards, so I'll simply be one of the millions who don't vote any more.

Despite an alternative already being offered to you in this thread?

6l1mZRO.jpg