Israel-Palestine Conflict.

5 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Answer all points  in my post not just selected ones .

Interestingly I did not see any questions or question marks in that post inviting answers so it is just an observation.

13 hours ago, butlers said:

What are these peace meetings you are talking about ?

More to point on what grounds do you think the council should stop them.

There was a big protest march last night ,maybe 800 or so in town 

Where they protesting about Hamas  firing bombs into towns  or anti semitic  gangs I London  with Palastine flags . Or are they just interested in one Country's  wrong doing.

23 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Where they protesting about Hamas  firing bombs into towns  or anti semitic  gangs I London  with Palastine flags . Or are they just interested in one Country's  wrong doing.

They were probably protesting about Israel breaking international law, as Israel are an occupying power Palestine has every legal right to defend itself, this is not debatable..it is quite clear. the fact that the main stream media fails to tell you this should ring alarm bells..

please have a read of this...

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/campaigns/2019/01/chapter-3-israeli-settlements-and-international-law/

1 hour ago, banjodeano said:

They were probably protesting about Israel breaking international law, as Israel are an occupying power Palestine has every legal right to defend itself, this is not debatable..it is quite clear. the fact that the main stream media fails to tell you this should ring alarm bells..

please have a read of this...

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/campaigns/2019/01/chapter-3-israeli-settlements-and-international-law/

Again the  full post not answered ,just the selective bits . What about Hamas a terrorist group  who have associated with Isis as well, as the attacks on Jews in London . By the way I have full sympathy with Arabs who live in Israel ,they have lived and worked along side the Jews for hundreds of years .

21 hours ago, trastrick said:

I never said anything about dying.

I was laughing at AP's belated discovery that sharing office space with a terrorist organization. is a bad idea!

Lol

Good to hear.

To my mind, there's nothing even remotely funny about any of this.

25 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Again the  full post not answered ,just the selective bits . What about Hamas a terrorist group  who have associated with Isis as well, as the attacks on Jews in London . By the way I have full sympathy with Arabs who live in Israel ,they have lived and worked along side the Jews for hundreds of years .

so you acknowledge that Israel are breaking international law, and  therefore the Palestinians have a full right to defend themselves having been invaded?

as for Hamas being associated with a terrorist group, do you not realise that the US and the UK have been associated with terrorist groups for countless years, we are no better or worse than the Palestinians, we have no moral high ground to claim.

which part of the full post was not answered,?

i assume you mean where you asked "Were they protesting about Hamas  firing bombs into towns  or semitic  gangs In London  with Palastine flags " .....why would they protest about that when  innocent children are being blown to bits in Palestine?

If Israel obeyed international law and stopped killing innocent children and taking land that doesnt belong to them, then all this would stop, antisemitic gangs in London in nothing compared to what the Palestinians are enduring, lets put things into perspective.

2 hours ago, banjodeano said:

"We have no moral high ground to claim."

The only hope for an end to the 2,000 years old Semitic tribal wars in the Middle East, is democracy, and a recognition that it is the only way to peace.

"Israel is a parliamentary democracy with universal suffrage. A member of parliament supported by a parliamentary majority becomes the prime minister—usually this is the chair of the largest party. The prime minister is the head of government and head of the cabinet.[398][399]"

"Israel was admitted as a member of the UN by majority vote on 11 May 1949.[198]" - Wiki

"Hamas is a Palestine Authority political party, founded in 1987, soon after the First Intifada broke out, as an offshoot of the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood[26]amic state in the area that is now Israel, the West Bank and the Gaza Strip.....[28] T

"The UN Security Council continues to treat Palestine as a non-sovereign entity,[39] preventing its admission to UN General Assembly membership as a full member state.[40] - Wiki

Canada, the European Union, Israel, Japan and the United States classify Hamas as a terrorist organization.

2 hours ago, Waldo said:

Good to hear.

To my mind, there's nothing even remotely funny about any of this.

I don't know what happened to the good old ironic, satirical, sardonic and sarcastical way of expression, in the years since I left Sheffield.

But then, we danced around bonfires burning Hitler effigies.  Lol

Sorry to all who's "feelings" I hurt.

Edited by trastrick

The US asked for the intelligence that Hamas was operating out of the media building ,the Isrealis have not supplied any 

That's straight from the US Secretary of State.

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

The only hope for an end to the 2,000 years old Semitic tribal wars in the Middle East, is democracy, and a recognition that it is the only way to peace.

"Israel is a parliamentary democracy with universal suffrage. A member of parliament supported by a parliamentary majority becomes the prime minister—usually this is the chair of the largest party. The prime minister is the head of government and head of the cabinet.[398][399]"

"Israel was admitted as a member of the UN by majority vote on 11 May 1949.[198]" - Wiki

"Hamas is a Palestine Authority political party, founded in 1987, soon after the First Intifada broke out, as an offshoot of the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood[26]amic state in the area that is now Israel, the West Bank and the Gaza Strip.....[28] T

"The UN Security Council continues to treat Palestine as a non-sovereign entity,[39] preventing its admission to UN General Assembly membership as a full member state.[40] - Wiki

Canada, the European Union, Israel, Japan and the United States classify Hamas as a terrorist organization.

I don't know what happened to the good old ironic, satirical, sardonic and sarcastical way of expression, in the years since I left Sheffield.

But then, we danced around bonfires burning Hitler effigies.  Lol

Sorry to all who's "feelings" I hurt.

Didn't Hamas get elected by the people of Gaza?

19 hours ago, butlers said:

What are these peace meetings you are talking about ?

More to point on what grounds do you think the council should stop them.

There was a big protest march last night ,maybe 800 or so in town 

I support peoples' right to protest, except when they get violent and start antagonising the local Plod.

That's when they should ALL be arrested and get the book thrown at them IMO.

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

What 2,000 years old Semitic tribal wars are you referring to and why would they be relevant? The Jewish population of Israel are overwhelmingly recent immigrants and their descendants (eg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographic_history_of_Palestine_(region)  ).

It is a popular trope to reference Israel's democracy. Is it somehow better when a democracy commits war crimes than when a non-democracy does so? Israel's democracy does not make its behaviour more reasonable, it just gives confidence that its transgressions are likely to have some level of popular support within Israel.