Israel-Palestine Conflict.

2 hours ago, El Cid said:

Israel has killed more people in the last three days than Hamas rockets have in the past 10 years. But that doesnt mean firing rockets is ok.

I agree. 

On 14/05/2021 at 13:11, El Cid said:

Israel has killed more people in the last three days than Hamas rockets have in the past 10 years. But that doesnt mean firing rockets is ok.

They have, although thats not to say that Hamas hasn't given it a good try.

That part of the world has always been, and always will be, volatile, in fact I'm surprised it hasn't erupted to WWIII already.

The IDF back to killing the messenger again.

The Associated Press building in Gaza destroyed in bombing.

From memory in previous conflicts they also killed two BBC. journalists.

One killing was recorded as murder in a London Court the Isrealis took no action against accused.

".Islamist religious fanatics on one side and Orthodox Jewish religious fanatics on the other."

Until people stop  believing religious nonsense this conflict will continue.

Add into the mix the arms dealers who thrive on conflict it seems an impossible thing to fix.

As for right and wrong both sides twist the truth for their own ends

back in the day, Arabs, Jews and Muslims all lived in this area as a community, working together and supporting each other.  Just look what happens when politicians take control....

2 hours ago, Anna B said:

back in the day, Arabs, Jews and Muslims all lived in this area as a community, working together and supporting each other.  Just look what happens when politicians take control....

Politicians can only "take control" when backed by elements of the local population..................................

On 16/05/2021 at 00:06, Longcol said:

Politicians can only "take control" when backed by elements of the local population..................................

I think you will find the politicians do not take action against Israel is because of the power of Jewish money, especially in the USA.

On 12/05/2021 at 20:08, Cyclecar said:

I was always told that you can do two things when faced with a problem. Sort it, or live with it. 

I think the Israelis and the Palestinians will have to live with it, because no one is willing to sort it. The forced eviction of Palestinians from their home because a Jewish family fancies their house was bound to start trouble. 

Justify that in any other part of the world.

So on one hand we have the arrogance of authority, on the other a deliberate ploy to rack up the pressure on other states in the area to weigh in on their side.  I am very gloomy as to the outcome.

(I have no religious or cultural connections on either side....) 

The Israeli threat of encroaching on someone else's property seems like provocation, intentionally to start a war?

It only turns other countries against them when they see the destruction of whole families.

On 15/05/2021 at 21:19, Anna B said:

When you say "back in the day", when exactly do you mean?  Looking at the history of Palestine there have been skirmishes, battles and so on since well before Christ.

Hammas are getting weapons from countries imo