Israel-Palestine Conflict.

Can anyone please point me in the direction of a quick unbiased explanation on the history of the Israeli ,Palestinian conflict . 

9 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Arms sales aside, I don't know why they bother firing back. I saw a video of their Steel Dome defence system and it looked an effective bit of technology.

I agree. It's so one sided it's sick. Don't get me wrong I'm not a fan of war but at least let Palestine have a fighting chance. 

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

I agree. It's so one sided it's sick. Don't get me wrong I'm not a fan of war but at least let Palestine have a fighting chance. 

But given the power the Israelis have already  it would get ridiculously out of hand. They have so much already and there would no shortage of takers to sell them more. 

They just need to stop.

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

Are you worried? Somebody's aim would have to be awful to hit Sheffield. Sir kier might have to show some fancy footwork though. 

I wouldn’t rely on Kiers fancy foot work.  It didn’t work in the Hartlepool by election.
Looking at this link I don’t think it would be needed anyway. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6253699/iron-dome-israel-aerial-defence-system-missile-attacks/

I was always told that you can do two things when faced with a problem. Sort it, or live with it. 

I think the Israelis and the Palestinians will have to live with it, because no one is willing to sort it. The forced eviction of Palestinians from their home because a Jewish family fancies their house was bound to start trouble. 

Justify that in any other part of the world.

So on one hand we have the arrogance of authority, on the other a deliberate ploy to rack up the pressure on other states in the area to weigh in on their side.  I am very gloomy as to the outcome.

(I have no religious or cultural connections on either side....) 

12 minutes ago, Cyclecar said:

Justify that in any other part of the world.

So on one hand we have the arrogance of authority, on the other a deliberate ploy to rack up the pressure on other states in the area to weigh in on their side.  I am very gloomy as to the outcome.

I definitely agree with you on this.  

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

Can anyone please point me in the direction of a quick unbiased explanation on the history of the Israeli ,Palestinian conflict . 

Are you sitting comfortably?  Then I'll begin. 

It was a warm, pleasant evening, 1,300 BC.....! 

2 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Are you sitting comfortably?  Then I'll begin. 

It was a warm, pleasant evening, 1,300 BC.....! 

Made me smile but would really like to know about it all , as I really have not got a clue .Doesnt help when I have got the attention spell of a fruit fly .

7 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Made me smile but would really like to know about it all , as I really have not got a clue .Doesnt help when I have got the attention spell of a fruit fly .

Wiki will give you a broad overview.  But there books and books from it - from both sides of it.

2 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Israel used to be Palestine..

Then Israel came and kicked the Palestinians out, giving them a small piece of land called the Gaza Strip (commonly called the worlds largest prison)

This dispute will never be settled until the Palestinians get their homeland back.

Just now, Padders said:

Israel used to be Palestine..

Then Israel came and kicked the Palestinians out, giving them a small piece of land called the Gaza Strip (commonly called the worlds largest prison)

This dispute will never be settled until the Palestinians get their homeland back.

Well, thats not entirely accurate the Jews declared Israel a Jewish state in 600bc according to wiki. Jews were fighting with the Palestinians in the late 1920s (at a time when Palestine was under British control from 1920 to 1948). 

Its all rather complicated.

2 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

But given the power the Israelis have already  it would get ridiculously out of hand. They have so much already and there would no shortage of takers to sell them more. 

They just need to stop.

As usual we would probably be near the front of the queue along with the States. Still, there's a lot of money to be made out of killing people. Pain and suffering just doesn't come into it.