Israel-Palestine Conflict.

6 hours ago, GabrielC said:

The State of Israel was founded in 1948 before that the land was occupied by the British . In 1973 Israel started an war to increase their land from neighbouring Arab nations that goal was archived. However it left Palestinians without an home land it become an case of its my land not the Jews who see it has their rightful home. Israel's relationship with its neighbours is at best strained notably with Jordan. Palestinians want Jerusalem something the Israeli government are not keen on. The Graza Bank  is another hotspot. The United States over the years have acted has an go between in an effect to stabilize the region That's my understanding of it anyway but I'm sure it's gets more complex the more you go into it.

I think that it is a tad unfair to claim that Israel started a war that consisted of Egypt and Syria launching a surprise attack on Israel and then getting their asses whipped

1 hour ago, Consheff said:

This debate is quite simple you can't keep dropping bombs and not expect to get your windows smashed! The biggest question is who is supplying the bombs? I suspect Iran this causes a bigger problem what if full scale war breaks out as its looking like civil war has broken out and Iran openly sides with Palestine then America sides with Israel this could quite easily become the start of WWIII. 

I agree, who is funding and supplying the Palestinians?  With their lack of economy its sure as hell not THEM!!!

Also, if you keep poking a tiger dont be surprised when it bites

1 hour ago, alchemist said:

I think that it is a tad unfair to claim that Israel started a war that consisted of Egypt and Syria launching a surprise attack on Israel and then getting their asses whipped

I agree, who is funding and supplying the Palestinians?  With their lack of economy its sure as hell not THEM!!!

Exactly let's face it Israel the Jewish state  just sit there while missiles are thrown at them daily then the left cry wolf when they defend themselves and push enemy back. To keep the land all they have to do is stop throwing missiles and letting Hammas  use them as human shields 

Edited by Consheff

Better analysis.

Imagine two worlds almost- but not quite- identical to our world (which we'll call 'World1').

World2's only difference from World1 is that, tomorrow morning, all Arabs' weapons, inc. rockets/stones/etc., disappear.

World3's only difference from World1 is that, tomorrow morning, all Israeli weapons, inc. rockets/etc., disappear.

So what happens tomorrow?

World2: after a while, Israel realises that all Arabs' weapons, inc. rockets/stones/etc. have disappeared. There's peace. Both sides live (relatively) happy ever after.

World3: after a while, Arabs realise that all Israeli weapons, inc. rockets/etc. have disappeared. Soon thereafter, nobody is left alive in Israel. There's peace. Arabs live (relatively) happy ever after.

QED.

29 minutes ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

Better analysis.

Imagine two worlds almost- but not quite- identical to our world (which we'll call 'World1').

World2's only difference from World1 is that, tomorrow morning, all Arabs' weapons, inc. rockets/stones/etc., disappear.

World3's only difference from World1 is that, tomorrow morning, all Israeli weapons, inc. rockets/etc., disappear.

So what happens tomorrow?

World2: after a while, Israel realises that all Arabs' weapons, inc. rockets/stones/etc. have disappeared. There's peace. Both sides live (relatively) happy ever after.

World3: after a while, Arabs realise that all Israeli weapons, inc. rockets/etc. have disappeared. Soon thereafter, nobody is left alive in Israel. There's peace. Arabs live (relatively) happy ever after.

QED.

I think a cyclops would call that a bit one eyed.

I think the best thing to do would be for Sheffield City Council to call an emergency debate in the Town Hall...just like they always do with these important local issues.

Actually, being serious, I think that the situation in the Middle East will remain unsolvable because of the actions of a small number of mentally deranged citizens...Islamist religious fanatics on one side and Orthodox Jewish religious fanatics on the other.

The best solution would be to wait until those people die off on both sides and let people who value peace take over.

Unfortunately this latest flare up will create a steady stream of new recruits ready to bang their war drums.

For a full review of the current human condition that gives rise to these stalemates...simply watch the New Model Army "Angry Planet" video on YouTube.

3 hours ago, alchemist said:

That is very true!

Certainly you should not react or be over-emotional when a tiger bites, robs you, or steals you home and land.

You should bide your time, play the long game, fully understand the nature of the tiger, its strengths and its weaknesses, and then finally, poke it in such as to utterly destroy it.

1 hour ago, crazyhorse said:

I think the best thing to do would be for Sheffield City Council to call an emergency debate in the Town Hall...just like they always do with these important local issues.

Actually, being serious, I think that the situation in the Middle East will remain unsolvable because of the actions of a small number of mentally deranged citizens...Islamist religious fanatics on one side and Orthodox Jewish religious fanatics on the other.

The best solution would be to wait until those people die off on both sides and let people who value peace take over.

Unfortunately this latest flare up will create a steady stream of new recruits ready to bang their war drums.

For a full review of the current human condition that gives rise to these stalemates...simply watch the New Model Army "Angry Planet" video on YouTube.

Sheffield council have been allowing anti  Israel demonstrations outside our Town Hall for years .

21 hours ago, Delbow said:

I'm not sure there is one. Years ago I made it my mission to understand it properly and read a lot of books from different perspectives and didn't come out much the wiser. For every claim made by one side you will find in print, with references and footnotes, a complete refutation of that by the other. The military conflict has a mirror ideological and propaganda conflict that has all but obscured any notions of truth, as far as I can tell.

Think I will give it a miss then . Thanks to everyone for the little snippets of information.

In what grounds could the council ban a peaceable protest ? Out side  ' our" town hall.

3 minutes ago, butlers said:

In what grounds could the council ban a peaceable protest ? Out side  ' our" town hall.

Because most protests start out peaceful but then you get a certain element who like to antagonise the local Plod by playing silly beggars.

Nonsense.

Been on two protests in last month and saw the anti lockdown lot.

Passed with no incident at all.

Besides the presumption should be to allow protesr unless there are very serious grounds for large disorder.

We even had the unfortunate case of having to have the EDF  here.

What ever happened to them

1 hour ago, butlers said:

Nonsense.

Been on two protests in last month and saw the anti lockdown lot.

Passed with no incident at all.

Besides the presumption should be to allow protesr unless there are very serious grounds for large disorder.

We even had the unfortunate case of having to have the EDF  here.

What ever happened to them

EDL . easy mistake to make