Lo's Pharmacy - Stannington - 5 Days A Week!

My wife yesterday saw a notice in the Pharmacy at Stannington advising that from July, they won't be opening on Saturdays.  I've long had doubts about this branch and how it is run.  On frequent occasions they are out of stock of medication and they take an absolute age to dispense the medicines, whilst having a social chit chat amongst themselves.

In this day and age when retailing in general is pretty much a 7 days a week operation, they are now deciding to close altogether on Saturdays, having for years closed at 1 p.m.

Their inefficiency has already caused me to order my own medication via Echo, where I order online and the medicines are delivered to my home, - usually more quickly than Lo's took to dispense it in person.  Some businesses just don't deserve patronage!  Do they really want to survive - or are they just running it for their own convenience.  I really do wonder.

They have probably come to the business decision that opening on a Saturday morning isnt making them any money. Seems fair enough, plenty of pharmacies do open Saturdays and indeed Sundays if anyone is in need to visit one on those days.

Buble Fan, you could be  describing Well Pharmacy on Herries Road.  They are still open half days on Saturday but the rest does apply to them.  My O/H's doctor's send his prescription through electronically and it can take 4 days after them receiving it to being notified it is ready for collection.  The doctors question why things are ordered too early at Bank holiday times but they have to be because of the slowness of the chemist.

Lo,s also have a branch further down on Stannington Rd, next to my GPs surgery. They have always closed on a Saturday. They aren’t too bad at receiving prescriptions electronically but are next to the surgery, so no excuse really.

Not many doctor surgeries actually operate on a Saturday do they, so I can see why many dont open at all, footfall will be low.

7 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Not many doctor surgeries actually operate on a Saturday do they, so I can see why many dont open at all, footfall will be low.

Correct !

I think my Lo's pharmacy stopped opening on a Saturday years ago.