Meadowhall Full To Capacity - Shoppers Told To Wait Outside!

14 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Really? That is certainly not been my experience.

In Dubai some shoppers may well be treated like a king but only if the price is right, you have the right look and enough cash to flash. I bet if you go and ask the low-paid, low skilled and and low-income workers who built that city up how they get treated they may have a very different story.

As for the US, whilst of course they are  notorious for their OTT service culture with the customer always being right, their malls are in the most relics of poorly built, run down, decaying and often completely dead structures.

Whilst of course there maybe a few exceptions in glamorous locations, in vast amounts of Middle America, the rust belt and the southern states where the ordinary proles live, you will find and horrendous looking and run down mall complexes which have not had so much as a lick of paint for 40 years. Others suffered horrendous anti-social behaviour, shootings or other more serious crimes leading to tenants leaving in droves. There are entire documentaries and blog articles all over the internet on the demise of the Great American malls of the 70s and the complete oversaturation of the market which followed and is now in Sharp decline.

Really?? have you even been?......ah i see you have another agenda to poor down trodden workers.

as for the US all the malls i have seen have been very smart and customer orientated it must be the other type of mall you mean ...........................ah the agenda again , get it ok

7 hours ago, ab6262 said:

Really?? have you even been?......ah i see you have another agenda to poor down trodden workers.

as for the US all the malls i have seen have been very smart and customer orientated it must be the other type of mall you mean ...........................ah the agenda again , get it ok

Yes I have been to both locations. Several times.

I don't know why you think I have an "agenda". I'm giving an opinion based on direct knowledge and observations. Nobody said you had to agree with it.

I'm no fan of MH but needed to buy an outfit for a wedding.With no John Lewis or Debenhams in town not much choice.Went early and there were no queues anywhere except Zara.On a positive note though, I clocked up 11,500 steps and as my target every day is 12,000, that was the day's exercise done.

1 hour ago, Bunny Marsh said:

I'm no fan of MH but needed to buy an outfit for a wedding.With no John Lewis or Debenhams in town not much choice.Went early and there were no queues anywhere except Zara.On a positive note though, I clocked up 11,500 steps and as my target every day is 12,000, that was the day's exercise done.

Hmmm... :huh:

... you are obviously very health-conscious.

A lot of lazier people would have caught the tram... :)

It takes more time waiting for zara then it takes to take a tram to meadowhall. 

Meadowhall has gone upside down, cannot even get some Thorntons for a friends upcoming birthday. If I have to go to food section of MS to get them meadowhall has degraded to cheap supermarket like mentality where you have to pass half the place to get one little thing.

11 minutes ago, dutch said:

It takes more time waiting for zara then it takes to take a tram to meadowhall. 

Meadowhall has gone upside down, cannot even get some Thorntons for a friends upcoming birthday. If I have to go to food section of MS to get them meadowhall has degraded to cheap supermarket like mentality where you have to pass half the place to get one little thing.

Thorntons have closed ALL their retail outlets

11 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Thorntons have closed ALL their retail outlets

Without them our meadowhall visit has reduced. Gap has long gone there as well and they are still at the moor. We always used to go there as well, but today Gap has gone a different style and become much less interesting. Only large place left at meadowhall of any interest to us is MS but their food section looks like some third world poverty zone market now.

Edited by dutch