Wednesday Players Out Of Contract

1 hour ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

That ruling was subsequently overturned ...so there is no limit...

In leagues one and 2 a Salary Costs Management Protocol applies, different to FFP in the championship,this is a spending costs managemnet frame work, not the salary cap that got overturned.

In league one it 60% of turnover.

Clubs do get dispensation when relegated for players that were signed on contracts in the september BEFORE relegation.That wouldnt include Barry Bannan whose new contract was signed after september.

Edited by staninoodle

13 minutes ago, staninoodle said:

In leagues one and 2 a Salary Costs Management Protocol applies, different to FFP in the championship,this is a spending costs managemnet frame work, not the salary cap that got overturned.

In league one it 60% of turnover.

Clubs do get dispensation when relegated for players that were signed on contracts in the september BEFORE relegation.That wouldnt include Barry Bannan whose new contract was signed after september.

Fair enough,i wasn't aware of that...but  & judging by his previous track record...you can only imagine DC will look at the rules and blatantly ignore them ..! 

2 hours ago, makapaka said:

All subject to wage demands but if possible I would keep

Westwood 

Hutchinson

Uroghide

Lees - had his day

Reach - will go to play at a higher level than L1

Hunt - Not physical enough for L1 next season

Harris - Don't rate him - no end product.

Kachunga - Useless

Penney - Useless

Van Aken - Useless

Rhodes - Think he could do a decent job next season but needs to move on for him and club

Pelupessy - Useless

Odubajo - Useless

Difficult to argue with any of the above ...although i'm unsure as to whether Pelupessy could shape up better in League 1...

1 minute ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

Difficult to argue with any of the above ...although i'm unsure as to whether Pelupessy could shape up better in League 1...

Players like Pelupessy play a very unshowy position in the team (mainly breaking up opponents attacks) players in that position always seem to be the ones who get the most stick from fans, now I'm not saying he's a great player but he's rarely injured and could be a useful asset in L1, all the managers we have had have picked him so he can't be all bad.

Guest makapaka
36 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Players like Pelupessy play a very unshowy position in the team (mainly breaking up opponents attacks) players in that position always seem to be the ones who get the most stick from fans, now I'm not saying he's a great player but he's rarely injured and could be a useful asset in L1, all the managers we have had have picked him so he can't be all bad.

I think for the last 2 years only of our necessity due to lluongo being injured.

He would no doubt be better at a lower level but is extremely limited as a footballer. No ability to pass the ball forwards.

4 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I think for the last 2 years only of our necessity due to lluongo being injured.

He would no doubt be better at a lower level but is extremely limited as a footballer. No ability to pass the ball forwards.

True but I see Luongo as more of a creative midfielder while Joey if more defensive.

On 11/05/2021 at 13:03, iansheff said:

Read that Huddersfield and Ipswich have both offered Rhodes a 3 year contract.

Huddersfield Town news: Huddersfield & Ipswich offer contracts to Rhodes (footballinsider247.com)

I will drive him there or anywhere in the country to make sure he leaves. Such a overrated player and only came because of his family ties.

31 minutes ago, Albradders said:

I will drive him there or anywhere in the country to make sure he leaves. Such a overrated player and only came because of his family ties.

It's clearly not worked out for him at Wednesday,although he's shown glimpses of what he's capable of....calling him overrated is very harsh considering his career goal scoring record.

3 hours ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

Fair enough,i wasn't aware of that...but  & judging by his previous track record...you can only imagine DC will look at the rules and blatantly ignore them ..! 

Well lets hope not as clubs have to submit updates on wages and turnover each month and if they get to within 5% of the 60,they can enforce an embargo.

pity to lose rhodes,did you see how hard he worked against derby,putting his head where it hurts at times,just starting to come alive with darrens ways,but alas hes off to huddersfield or ipswich,re-bannan hope he can cope with the brutality often played in div 1,i think some could make it,but using a 4-4-2 system,we need a top striker,but who?,plus we have to re-build a almost entire team,lets hope darren can work his magic and chansiri helps,i would call it intresting,lets hope we go straight up or i fear the worst.

I think we missed Dave this season,he could come on and change a game.

Rhodes struggled and we missed chances galore.

1 hour ago, ukdobby said:

I think we missed Dave this season,he could come on and change a game.

Rhodes struggled and we missed chances galore.

Fletcher was abig miss this season,as was Murphy, without those twos goal we would have gone down the season before.Monk tried to bring in Lukas Jutkiewicz from brum but we couldnt get it done in time hed have been a good replacement for the big lad.