McBurnie's In Bother.

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

So exactly what I said then? Who knew (!)

As much as an idiot as people either think he is or he isnt, there was no way he would have done that without some provocation.

It depends on the level of provocation, a footballer is always going to get grief from fans of opposing teams its something they have to live with, striking back is a different matter unless the provocation from the same individual is happening time and again. I'm sure the courts will find the truth.

51 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

So exactly what I said then? Who knew (!)

As much as an idiot as people either think he is or he isnt, there was no way he would have done that without some provocation.

I don't think anyone would disagree. There was bound to be some sort of provocation, the question is was there enough to merit a kicking. Only the individuals involved know unless there's more video of before.

As a professional in the public eye he should just walk it off though.

6 hours ago, top4718 said:

I just think its odd that someone who isn't interested reads and contributes. There are many threads on here that hold no interest to me - you won't see my comments on them.

I got a call about this long before it was in the media from someone in Knaresborough and that version states someone chinned McBurnie so there could be more to it or maybe it's just local gossip.

I’m not a lawyer, but I don’t think that you are allowed to punch someone just because they swear at you and say unkind things.

1 minute ago, sibon said:

I’m not a lawyer, but I don’t think that you are allowed to punch someone just because they swear at you and say unkind things.

... but the previous poster said he may have been punched himself first.  That would be a different situation.

9 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

... but the previous poster said he may have been punched himself first.  That would be a different situation.

But again, self defence is just that. It isn’t revenge. So if he wasn’t in danger ....

If he has been 'chinned' then using self defence at that time, to protect himself may have been a suitable defence.

If the video is as it looks, reacting with violence to verbals isn't self defence.

Let's see how it pans out. Taken all together, I hope he and Mousset move on and wish them well. Tired of the nonsense in their private lives now, on top  of not producing on the pitch. Give them time to decide what they want to be remembered for.