Ant Infestation In House

I just had a call from my sister in law she sent me pictures there's ants allover the windowsill and table next to it any advice it's a housing association house think it's acis 

We had this problem a few years ago. If you can try to find where they are getting in put some ant powder down. Even talcum powder will do if you don't have any ant powder to hand. It stopped the problem straight away.

9 hours ago, Consheff said:

I just had a call from my sister in law she sent me pictures there's ants allover the windowsill and table next to it any advice it's a housing association house think it's acis 

I had a Wasp nest outside the HA Flat recently, I had to ring the Housing, who rang the Council and got them to deal with it.

Ring the Housing, they'll get someone out to deal with your problem.

Ant powder is very good it definitely knocks them out.  A few years ago my mum had ants in the bedroom  they were coming in through the foundation of the house.  She called a local pest controller who was cheaper than the council and I’m sure that’s all he used ant powder, but he had the  equipment to get the powder in foundation of the house.

I tried lots of solutions. The one that worked was putting Erazer Ant Powder down where they were walking around the skirting boards and doors. All gone within 24 hours. I got it from Homebase.

2 hours ago, Hal9001 said:

I tried lots of solutions. The one that worked was putting Erazer Ant Powder down where they were walking around the skirting boards and doors. All gone within 24 hours. I got it from Homebase.

I used white vinegar diluted with water just spray everywhere. It worked for me. 

23 hours ago, Bunny Marsh said:

We had this problem a few years ago. If you can try to find where they are getting in put some ant powder down. Even talcum powder will do if you don't have any ant powder to hand. It stopped the problem straight away.

Nice one 👌

16 hours ago, deej said:

I used white vinegar diluted with water just spray everywhere. It worked for me. 

I tried white vinegar diluted with water sprayed everywhere. It just made the place smell of vinegar. 😪

After that I Erazer Ant Powder  and that worked a treat.

18 minutes ago, Hal9001 said:

I tried white vinegar diluted with water sprayed everywhere. It just made the place smell of vinegar. 😪

After that I Erazer Ant Powder  and that worked a treat.

Hmmm... :huh:

That's just reminded me of that other Ant that got pickled... :mad:

Ant stops from WIlko are great, they attract the ants which coat them in the stuff and take it back to the nest killing all the other ants there. Try and find the place where they are coming in and put a couple down. Problem will be gone in a couple of days

50 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

That's just reminded me of that other Ant that got pickled... :mad:

A bit off topic but this is one of the reasons I love your sense of humour.  It made me laugh.

19 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

A bit off topic but this is one of the reasons I love your sense of humour.  It made me laugh.

... thank you (again!) ;)

I think sometimes being a bit "off-topic" and having a bit of a giggle can break up the monotony and hopefully attract a few more people into posting - as long as it's not taken too far and completely derails the thread.

I try my best not to do that...

... now back to the entomological studies! :)