Sign in to follow this  

Part Time Retail Job For A 45 Year Old Disabled Guy?

Above.

The disability section in the groups section hasn't been posted in since last Tuesday :(

I have skills in retail, admin, sales and IT work, yet every time I declare my disabilities including being deaf, Dyspraxia, and Asperger's I get rejected despite the illegality of it under the Equality Act 2010 :rant: :loopy: 

Can anyone employ me on a part time basis for up to 16 hours per week? I can work any day except Tuesday or Thursday mornings in the week due to prior educational commitments.

That's the problem with this forum, always has been IMO, too many Daily Fail readers who think all disabled people of working age are workshy slaves to the benefit system! :rant:  :loopy:

Falsehood, I actually WANT to work but the system won't let me.

That attitude wont help matey. If you want to work then there should be something out there for you to do 

A few suggestions.... Have you approached local shops and asked them direct? Why not offer to do a full or half day for free? This will show you are willing and able to get stuck in. Failing local shops what about petrol stations? They are 24 hours mostly and people generally hate the night shift so offering to do nights could give you an edge. 

As the weather gets better there is more outdoorsy stuff you can do such as delivering leaflets, litter picking, door to door sales, working in parks. 

I'm a bit rushed for time at the moment so I'll have a proper think about it when I get home but try not to lose hope. 

There WILL be something right for 👍

Your skill set means that you could set your own business up. Have a word with the business support team on here, the council and the chamber of commerce