Money Will Be Even Tighter For Wednesday.

1 minute ago, Alextopman said:

I've just seen this.May be an image of text that says 'To add insult to injury, in pursuing its strategy to avoid a points deduction our club has ultimately lost ownership and control of its historic home. Rather than playing there for free, the club must now pay £2.5m in rent for each of the next 30 years to continue to play at Hillsborough. With significantly reduced income in League One this is a huge sum to factor in annually and will take precedence over player wages.'

I've just posted the same , it's in the star I'm told, that does seem bad.

I'm hearing that if the Owls won Division 3 next season  they would have to spend £15 million in order to get the ground to a suitable standard for Division 2.

Massive ask  given that Chansiri is walking away.

Maybe its time for both Bramall Lane and Hillsborough to go and have a boutique Stadium like the" Marvel Stadium" in Melbourne . https://www.cnet.com/news/welcome-to-marvel-stadium-which-is-a-real-thing-in-real-life/  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Docklands_Stadium#Construction

Numerous AFL teams in Melbourne use  this and the MCG. All teams have their own training facility's. The ground is owned by the Australian  Football League. its uses for concerts and Soccer as they call it here.

I think both teams need something new unfortunately Wednesday have already sold their home. But who knows out of something new  something Massive  might be build like the reputation of Sheffield football.Melbourne%20Victory%20header1.jpg

Just think the football season is so intensive now it would be impossible for a ground share to work..

Home is where the heart is and that's Hillsborough .

What is the problem , the owner of the club is also the owner of the ground ,so he doesn't have to pay the rent if he cares not to

The lost of tv money is likely to be near offset by the already lowered wage bill with a tranche of the biggest ones due to leave this summer.

36 minutes ago, lobster said:

What is the problem , the owner of the club is also the owner of the ground ,so he doesn't have to pay the rent if he cares not to

I think its his missus that owns the ground he stuck it in her name or her company,lets hope they dont fall out anytime soon because shes bound to put the rent up!

The only thing about Wednesday that isnt at the bottom end of the table is Wednesdays wage bill unfortunately,Chansiri loves to lavish wages on undeserving footballers.

Joey Pelupessy 12 grand a week,i wouldnt pay him that a year!

Isn't the case it's in her ownership but there's a loan out against the ground with a finance company.

In the scheme of what the owner continues to spent it's not that significant 

4 hours ago, bazmanau said:

Maybe its time for both Bramall Lane and Hillsborough to go and have a boutique Stadium like the" Marvel Stadium" in Melbourne . https://www.cnet.com/news/welcome-to-marvel-stadium-which-is-a-real-thing-in-real-life/  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Docklands_Stadium#Construction

Numerous AFL teams in Melbourne use  this and the MCG. All teams have their own training facility's. The ground is owned by the Australian  Football League. its uses for concerts and Soccer as they call it here.

I think both teams need something new unfortunately Wednesday have already sold their home. But who knows out of something new  something Massive  might be build like the reputation of Sheffield football.Melbourne%20Victory%20header1.jpg

Not this old chestnut again. 

And pray why would SUFC consider letting SWFC share  BDTBL in order to sort out something that is entirely the fault of your current Chairman? 

Or are you proposing SUFC sell the oldest, continously used football ground in the world, to build a new shared stadium to help SWFC out of their impending financial pickle?  Best one I've heard in a long time.  Very funny. 

Edited by Baron99

Just a quick reminder to the  kids, Wednesday built their own ground, United were formed to make use of the cricket ground that existed on Bramall Lane ... UTO !