60% Of The Amazon Rain Forest Will Be Gone By 2050 But We Still Demand More

Just now, Delbow said:

Very selective data from NSID. Here's the trend data from them. I'm not debating this topic with someone so selective, i.e. dishonest.

Figure3.png

So no catastrophic Ice Cap Loss since 2006, in the Arctic?

News Flash!

The Earth has 2 polar Ice Caps.

Here's a Global view:

nsidc_global_area.png?attachauth=ANoY7cq

Amudsen sailed through the Northwest passage using a wooden boat, a hundred years ago.

Can't do that these days.

Edited by trastrick

17 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

When will the penny drop for some people? 

No doubt when the day comes & they say, "Just going for a day out at the East Coast & the furthest they have to travel is Meadowhall-On-Sea? 

Laughed. I think by this point the scientific evidence for human-generated climate change is so overwhelming that the people who dispute it can be written off as cranks, and there will never be any convincing them. Then there is a layer of society who know something is wrong but want to believe it's not so bad, but can be persuaded to demand more action - let's remember though that 'our' government is in the process of trying to suppress pressure groups who might get the general public to see how bad things really are. The Greens are currently polling in first place in the federal elections in Germany and made some notable gains in the UK local elections, but I fear it will be too late to avert some really unpleasant effects that will make the last year look incredibly appealing by comparison.

Edited by Delbow

15 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

When will the penny drop for some people? 

No doubt when the day comes & they say, "Just going for a day out at the East Coast & the furthest they have to travel is Meadowhall-On-Sea? 

I think for one person on this thread it will require Mar-a-Lago to be washed away and Trump to have a hissy fit about it.

It's interesting now people can interpret data.

Tricky business.

Kinda reminds me of this fellow, skip to 59 seconds in

10 minutes ago, altus said:

I think for one person on this thread it will require Mar-a-Lago to be washed away and Trump to have a hissy fit about it.

Trump would probably blame it on "Jewish waves"

5 minutes ago, butlers said:

It's interesting now people can interpret data.

Tricky business.

Kinda reminds me of this fellow, skip to 59 seconds in

Ooo... let me... let me! :D

I know how to do this now... :hihi:

Antartica not faring too well either.

From Nasa satellite record.

Overall mass has fallen approx 2700 Giga tonnes since 2006.

Throughout history seers, fortune tellers, snake oil salesmen, oracles, medicine men and rain dancers, and politicians have been going on about the End of The World.

"The End is Nigh. Give up your Worldly Goods and Ye Shall Be Saved!"

They always predict it far enough in the future to give them time to collect your Worldly  Goods!

2nd oldest profession. Lol

As Barnum used to say, there's a sucker born every minute!

The U.N. who fail to prevent War, Terrorism Government Corruption, are sure they can "fix" the Earth's climate, if you'll only give them the money to do it!

You just have to believe!

Lol

The complete satellite record of NOAA's monthly temperature records.UAH_LT_1979_thru_April_2021_v6.jpg

32 minutes ago, trastrick said:

The complete satellite record of NOAA's monthly temperature records.UAH_LT_1979_thru_April_2021_v6.jpg

You do realise that shows average temperatures increasing by about 0.5 deg. C over that time. Don't fall into the same trap that Trump did of confusing weather with climate - at best it makes you look like you don't understand what you are talking about.

Goodness me ,I am convinced.

See I would look at that and think the 4 warmest years in the 40 year record have been in the last 6 years.

Do you think they realise that they've posted a graph showing a clear upward trend over time?