Have United Played Today

4 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

I swear I did not know how  United had gone on , I had gone out we mi dogs to Grena woods looking for a suitable tree to hang mi sen , And contrary to what you may believe I don't really care what league we are in as I no longer support them by support I mean I no longer chuck money at them so as they can drive Lamborgini's  up Ecclesall roooooad . So now I am am a arm chair fan as I suspect most posters on the Togga section are if the truth was known .  My phone is a nightmare to me as well thinking of chucking it in the bin , no wireless on either as flex int long enough to stretch to Greno woods .hope that answers  thi post .

Stoooonses

No we still have Barnsley flying the flag for South York's ,I have often seen  us referred to as South Barnsley  so my money is on them to keep the flag flying around here .

38 minutes ago, Grappler said:

Cuttsie mate, we all love your stories about builders of Sheffield, past, flat caps, five park drive, or whatever, but this is 2021, not 1950, are you seriously telling everyone on here, that you have no other way of knowing a football score than "Sheffield Forum"?, no TV?, no Radio?, no Smartphone? 

Great attempt at a wind up, by the way, but you just finished bottom, below Wycombe Wanderers, enjoy League 1 pal.

You've quoted a few times that we've finished below Wycombe, your team with the so called "best manager you've ever had" have had

• the worst start to a season in 132 years of league football
  • The lowest points tally on Boxing Day and at the turn of the year in football league history
  • The longest run of starts by a striker without a goal in the top flight - Oliver Burke
  • One of the top five lowest points tallys ever
  • 5 wins out of 35 games

Finishing below Wycombe will soon be forgotten, some of the above will be in the record books for a long, long time.

Can I add that its good to see some proper banter being allowed again on this Forum, a combined footy thread is bound to raise the hackles but were all adults, if you can't take the heat don't click on the threads.

Yeh, but we didn't finish below Wycombe like Wednesday did.

I know our worst nightmare has turned out to be something you can only dream about now or have as a memory.

Championship football oh how you lot wish you were still in it.....

6 hours ago, Alextopman said:

I know our worst nightmare has turned out to be something you can only dream about now or have as a memory.

Like I’ve said in a previous post, it doesn’t bother me what division we’re playing in, I’ll still me the mates for a catch up before games and have some good away days, I’ve watched us for forty years from the top flight to the third tier and had good and bad times in all three, I don’t really care for the current incarnation of the highest division as its strangling the game.

Onwards and downwards 😀

19 hours ago, Alextopman said:

It seems it’s all about what Wednesday do for a lot of those of red & white persuasion on here ..but the minute you make a comment about United ..they all get upset..

There’s no denying Wednesday are in a awful situation...but it doesn’t hide what a record breaking season United have had for all the wrong reasons & that your messiah has got the sack & yet another Wednesday old boy is in charge ...but because we finished below Wycombe it’s ok ...!!

On 08/05/2021 at 18:51, ukdobby said:

Did 

20 hours ago, top4718 said:

You've quoted a few times that we've finished below Wycombe, your team with the so called "best manager you've ever had" have had

• The lowest points tally on Boxing Day and at the turn of the year in football league history
  • The longest run of starts by a striker without a goal in the top flight - Oliver Burke
  • 5 wins out of 35 games

Finishing below Wycombe will soon be forgotten, some of the above will be in the record books for a long, long time.

Can I add that its good to see some proper banter being allowed again on this Forum, a combined footy thread is bound to raise the hackles but were all adults, if you can't take the heat don't click on 

Edited by Ridgewalk

8 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

No Waghorn got 2 though.  Mind the gap

And you still finished below Wycombe.

Interesting thread. Owls fans making fun of Uniteds, Premier League season. Lack of insight or what ?

And they could finish below Wycombe again next season.

The only people who will constantly remember these records are those whose team finished below Wycombe.

The rest of the football supporting public will soon be more interested in the present football going on at that time.

4 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

And they could finish below Wycombe again next season.

The only people who will constantly remember these records are those whose team finished below Wycombe.

The rest of the football supporting public will soon be more interested in the present football going on at that time.

To be honest Alextopman. Some names on here, namely cuttsie, Top4718, UKDobby, have very recently reappeared after going god knows where, and immediately the tone is lowered. It's pathetic really and I'm easily dragged in , so apologies to all, but to be honest I can't be bothered. 
Judging by their posts they're all middle aged to older men which is a bit sad really. They call it banter, but it lacks any sort of wit and wisdom, more just banal turgid comments.

I'm with cmonks  on this.

1 hour ago, cmonkes said:

You can literally sit throwing statistics around until the sun goes down, but one thing remains true. 

Both teams have just been relegated and fans will return in a lower league.....relegation would have been acceptable had both teams done everything possible to avoid it.

However......the mistakes are there to be seen and counted by both sets of fans. Maybe rather than pulling pieces out of one and other, we should be looking at the powers that be at our own clubs?? Firing the disappointment and questions in their direction?

It is simple, neither team have been good enough! We sit relegated through merit.

Cmonks, not worth replying mate it'll only encourage them.

20 hours ago, top4718 said:

• 5 wins out of 35 games

Can I add that its good to see some proper banter being allowed again on this Forum, a combined footy thread is bound to raise the hackles but were all adults, if you can't take the heat don't click on the threads.

This "lowest points tally on boxing day and at the turn of the year in football lge history" correct me if i'm wrong but didn't the season start over a month late!!! so if you take the figures to the end of January we had another 6 points to compare on an even base but I'm sure you probably knew that already. The worst team in prem lge history title still belongs to the team who sent you down yesterday finishing below Wycombe!!!!!!

Edited by monzaman

1 minute ago, Ridgewalk said:

To be honest Alextopman. Some names on here, namely cuttsie, Top4718, UKDobby, have very recently reappeared after going god knows where, and immediately the tone is lowered. It's pathetic really and I'm easily dragged in , so apologies to all, but to be honest I can't be bothered. 
Judging by their posts they're all middle aged to older men which is a bit sad really. They call it banter, but it lacks any sort of wit and wisdom, more just banal turgid comments.

Those pesky middle aged to older men coming on here spoiling it for everyone..!! 

Joking aside ...It works both ways ...Alextopman & Canada Blade or whatever he’s called & one or two more have come back & done exactly what you’re accusing others of ...

As long as it’s nothing personal..it’s all harmless stuff ..we support our clubs & will stand up for them ...some just like to have the last word eh Alex ..!

1 hour ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

It seems it’s all about what Wednesday do for a lot of those of red & white persuasion on here ..but the minute you make a comment about United ..they all get upset..

There’s no denying Wednesday are in a awful situation...but it doesn’t hide what a record breaking season United have had for all the wrong reasons & that your messiah has got the sack & yet another Wednesday old boy is in charge ...but because we finished below Wycombe it’s ok ...!!

Exactly what this tread is about on Saturday it was kick the Owls day , with no mention at all on United's dismal performance at home to Chrystal Palace , it is a theme that has been going on all season .

1 hour ago, Ridgewalk said:

Cmonks, not worth replying mate it'll only encourage them.

Well I try not to get personal Ridgeway ,sorry if my age makes you sad will get mi coat .